Anna Schultz-Girls Laughing In Holiday Pajamas
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Style

Feel Fabulous At Home: 4 Trend Pajamas To Buy Online

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

One of the most beloved clothing items is also the one that is most in use nowadays: pajamas. And don’t lie to me, I know you are wearing pj’s bottoms with a top to talk with your boss on Skype. Quarantine can make you feel guilty and unproductive, so why not endorse the most comfortable and cozy outfit we have in our closets. Here are four pajamas trends that you can buy online (it’s the best of both worlds, Hannah Montana: practicing social distancing while shopping online for pajamas).

Matching Set

Pijamas tops are now matching their other half: bottoms. It is a match made in heaven. Whether the pairing relies on prints, colors or fabric, the fashion world is bringing back the mirror effect to the sleepwear, making both pieces look identical, not on shape of course. Having that makes one feel classy while cozying up in front of the TV and making the “me time” even more special.

Nightgowns

This one is going to make you have a ball. There is nothing like the word “gown” to bring the fancy and chic into your pajamas. Resurrecting a historical trend, the nightgown – or nightdresses – are basically a long camisole, but more fitting and classy. Some women are even hitting the streets with this beauty. There is a twist in this one: a nightgown can also be like a robe, but with fabrics such as cotton and silk that are worn over a matching set (nothing like crowning your matching pajama set, with a matching nightgown).

Onesies

We’ve talked about fashionable trends, now let’s cut to the extremely comfortable and cute. Onesies are traditionally baby clothes and someone had the brilliant idea of making them some sizes bigger to fit the ones who always wish they could go back to being babies: the adults. Basically, is a one piece clothing that covers your feet all the way to the head, if you pull the attached hoodie up. Onesies are super warm and comfortable. It comes in many shapes and colors, but is always fluffy so you can feel hugged by a cloud. The hoodie is often made to look like an animal’s head, like a unicorn or a panda bear, making this pajam also perfect for costume parties (in the snowing winter, I would suggest).

Pajamas as Outwear

Have you ever wished you could go out in your pajamas? We are quarantined now, but soon you will be able to fulfill your wish! Pajamas as streetwear are the top trend in the fashion industry. People are making photoshoots in pajamas, celebrities are attend to red carpets in pajamas, is the new sensation on the streets. But is not any kind of pajama, there is one in specific that has been socially allowed to be worn outside: silk pajamas. Whether is just the shirt or the whole set, silk combined with prints, belts and heels are the go to trend. It requires good taste and matching skills, while keeping in mind that, in this area, there is a thin line between fashion and inappropriate. This trend can be misjudged, so examine every occasion to see if the pajama as streetwear is a valid option.

With these tips provided to you, all that’s left is to go on favourite online shopping page and buy one in every colour.

—————————————————————–  

The article above was edited by Gabriela Sartorato.   

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Beatriz Lemos

Casper Libero '21

Journalism student and aspiring actress
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.