“Fearless – Taylor’s Version”: What To Expect From The Rerecording, Easter Eggs And New Songs?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

To understand why Taylor Swift is rerecording her albums, we need to go back a little bit. Everything started back in 2006, when she signed her first contract with Big Machine Label Group. The singer and songwriter released six albums under the Big Machine label, including her self-titled debut (2006), Fearless (2008),  Speak Now (2010), Red (2012), 1989 (2014) and Reputation (2017). However, in november 2018, after a 12-year contract with Big Machine, Taylor signed with the Universal Music Group.

Even though the contract with Big Machine was over, they still had control over the six albums she made under their label, and when the Big Machine Group was sold to Ithaca Holdings, Taylor saw her work go to the hands of Scooter Braun, a famous entrepreneur and manager in the music industry; and the owner of Ithaca Holdings.

Taylor was very upset by seeing her life’s work in the hands of a man that, in her own words, tried to dismantle” her musical legacy by bullying her and encouraging his clients to do the same.

Long story short, Taylor doesn’t own her work and that’s why she – wisely – decided to rerecord her albums, so she could own it, and her fans could listen to her music without giving a single penny to the ones who ‘stole her lullabies’ – even though this is far from being only about money.

The Rerecordings

What we know by now is: Fearless (Taylor’s Version) will be out on April Ninth and we couldn’t be more anxious – in a good way – about it. She already released one of her most famous tracks from Fearless last month. Love Story (Taylor’s Version) is a sneak peak to how the rerecording will sound like: It’s the same Taylor, but more mature and more confident.

It brings back the feeling we all had in 2013, when listening to the story of Romeo and Juliet, and it definitely is as good as the first version. And this is what the Fearless (Taylor Version) will sound like -if I could bet: Nostalgic, mature, and even more magical than the first recording. Well, if this is possible.

Easter Eggs

If you follow Taylor’s footsteps, you know how crazy she is about Easter Eggs and leaving secret messages all over the place. Well, we only know the Fearless rerecording will be out on April Ninth because Taylor gave us some clues… When she posted on her Twitter account about the new Love Story, she had some things to say, and if you look closely at her text you can see that some random letters are capitalized. And they spell A-p-r-i-l N-i-n-t-h.

Some fans also think the Fearless (Taylor’s Version) cover is an Easter Egg, since her shirt looks like the one Romeo wore on the video clip of Love Story, back in 2009. And well, we have a reason to be obsessed – in a good way – about clues that Taylor intentionally leaves us, she gives hints about every step that she is gonna take.

The Vault

As if we weren’t blessed enough with a brand new ‘Fearless’ sang by Taylor in her 30’s, she decided to give us 6 never released songs. This is far from being what we expected, but after two surprise albums, there’s nothing Taylor Swift can’t do.

Until now, most of the new songs are called Bonus Tracks (From The Vault), except one that Taylor released on March 26th. It’s called You All Over Me (feat. Maren Morris) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault).

After listening to it a million times, I can tell you that it wasn’t enough. There’s going to have something magical about these unreleased songs, and I found that out after listening to You All Over Me, because it has a bit of FolkMore that’s hard to explain, but it also brings us back to the teenager Taylor Swift, who would compose a song and then go do some math homework.

It’s very nostalgic, even if we never listened to it before, and that’s the magical part about these songs from the Vault – or at least what i expect of them – It’s like opening a box of memories, but now you are older, wiser and more confident, because you lived and you learned. So let’s see how Taylor will surprise us this time, even though we already know it’s going to be flawless.

——————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Carolina Grassmann.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Laura Enchioglo

Casper Libero '22

Journalism student passionate for writing, reading, watching movies and discovering new things.
Carolina is a national contributing writer and was formerly a summer and fall 2021 editorial intern at Her Campus. She's a Brazilian journalist and writer, and she's very passionate about TikTok, coffee shops, and Taylor Swift.