Style > Fashion

Fear of being taxed? Here are 3 national stores that are as good as Shein

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The most famous fast fashion site since 2021, Shein is losing their consumers due to taxation. This change made us – faithful to the online shop – find other options to be stylish and still not pay a fortune.

But Her Campus Cásper Líbero knows how hard it is to search for other national stores that offer the same quality and price as Shein. And that is why we are today! If you want to understand more of taxation and know some amazing places to buy your clothes, continue here.

What does “being taxed” mean?

Currently, a customs fee of 60% is charged on international orders between companies, consumers or between legal entities, regardless of the value. In the case of orders of up to US$ 50 (about R$ 250) between individuals, purchases are free.

However, according to O Globo, the Brazilian Government announced that some companies didn’t pay taxes because the sellers provided fake information to evade taxes. Some marketplaces also made purchases between one person and one company pretending to be two people.

As a decision, the government will be more restricted with the supervision of international purchases, made by legal entities, like Shein, AliExpress, and Shopee. But, if you want to keep buying good clothes far from the fear of being taxed, follow these national stores:

Fashion Muniz

Synonym of persistence and courage, Fashion Muniz was created. The passion for fashion and communication helped Rebeca, the shop owner, to build her store.

Seven years ago, Rebeca started – as she really considers – her life as an official owner. Since high school, she noticed that she wanted to work in the fashion world. Sales at the school with help from her parents and late nights going after merchandise were the beginning of everything.

“Is not only about sales. It’s about communication, sharing information, and helping people. I created an essence. Are there similar stores? It might be. But not with my essence.”

Focusing on women’s fashion, the store’s website contains all the information necessary to give the client the best experience, like the possibility of exchanges and returns, deadlines, and more. There you’ll find a lot of shopping categories like beach clothes, gift vouchers, and accessories. Moreover, the store offers coupons, gifts, and free shipping.

Deliveries are made by courier and doubts are answered directly by the owner. At Fashion Muniz you´ll find the best clothes and the best reception.

Store Huge

In order to reach a diverse audience, Store Huge make their own style. The store has high recognition on Instagram and has more than a thousand followers.

The Streetwear style of the store makes a lot of success between girls and boys around the country. In addition to the store’s own prints, they give the public the opportunity to make their own looks by printing their shirt, for example, the way they want. If you are a Nike or Vans fan and like their products, you’ll probably like Huge too.

With a very high reach among young people, you’ll find the scattered Huge around Brazil, especially at São Paulo, where the store was created. Deliveries are made by courier and at train stations.

Yeesco

If you’re looking for comfortable and fashionable clothes, at Yeesco you will find them. With the mission of democratizing fashion, Yeesco was created in 2014, with the first physical store in 2015.

Working in a big group, this big company aims to reach as many people as possible, using social media for this. “We don’t have age, sizes, colors, or only one style. Our intention was always to attend all types of people who want to take us into their daily lives, making it part of each client’s life”, says the website.

During the Covid-19 pandemic, the company migrated directly to online sales, and there they found themselves. The change was a success and was kept this way till now. This big company aims to reach as many people as possible, using social media to keep closer contact with customers.

Now you won’t need to worry about being taxed anymore. If you buy from one of these national stores, tell us!

————————
The article above was edited by Júlia Pupo Mucha Fagá.

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Casper Libero for more!

Lívia H. Magalhães

Casper Libero '25

Lívia, 17 yo, journalism student at Cásper Líbero University. Addicted to music and passionate about soccer.