Fall is here: these 7 movies are the perfect watch for this cozy season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

After a long hot summer, fall is finally here! I don’t know what you all think, but I would personally say that there’s literally nothing better than to pick a Friday night to stay in and watch some movies while drinking some hot chocolate. It’s the best idea to warm your heart and body up! If you are the type of person that takes forever to find something good to watch, I got you! Here are 7 movies that are the perfect pick for this autumn time:

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

Everyone loves a good teenage love story, right? To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before is a movie based on Jenny Han’s book that was released in 2014 and it has been a big hit since then. The film came out in 2018 and it was at that year that everyone fell in love with the protagonist Lara Jean and her love letters for all the boys she had loved before. The story is a cute romance and I’m sure it’s going to make everyone’s heart warm. If you haven’t watched this movie, now it’s the perfect time. Get some chips and soda and be prepared to have a love overdose! It’s available on Netflix and guess what? If you like this one, there’s 2 more movies in the sequence that are also available on the streaming!

Matilda

If you are a fan of musicals and are looking for the perfect watch for a family movie night, this is my go to. Matilda was released in 1996 and it’s a classic, but don’t worry! If you don’t like “old” movies, last year, a new version was released and It’s called Matilda: The Musical. Both films are literally incredible! This remake is going to give you some good laughs and I’m telling you right now, it’s gonna be impossible not to sing along with all the songs. Take the time to watch this piece and I’m sure you are gonna have the funniest best time of your life! Both versions are available on Netflix.

Legally BlondE

Who doesn’t love an empowered woman? Legally Blonde takes place in Harvard University, in Cambridge, and guess what? It was filmed during fall! Be prepared to feel inside this movie while being inspired by the amazing protagonist, Elle Woods, who is the strongest fictional woman you are ever going to see. By the end of the piece, you are gonna want to get up and do something to be the best version of yourself, just like her. Besides that, this is also such a funny movie and it’s definitely going to bring your mood up. Legally Blonde is available on Amazon Prime and you can also rent it on Youtube.

Dead Poets Society

If you like classics, this is for you! Dead Poets Society came out in 1989 and, since that, it hasn’t stopped being a huge success. The movie is so good for many reasons but for me, the fact that it highlights the importance that you only live once is what makes it incredible. Besides that, I think it’s an inspiring movie since the professor always tells his students that they should live on their own terms and should always believe in themselves and their goals. Really motivational, right? So if you want to be inspired during this really cozy season, you can watch Dead Poets Society on Star+.

Knives Out

There’s nothing better than a good murdery mystery, and if I have to choose the best one for fall, Knives Out would be my top one pick!  Released in 2019, it got over 45 awards and there’s a reason why. This movie is going to make you wonder  “who killed?” the entire time and that’s what makes it so intense. Some people say this thriller was made in honor of Agatha Christie, since the way it was written is so similar to the way she wrote her books, but at the same time, it has a subtle humor which makes everything so much better. You can watch Knives Out on Netflix and, if you like it, there’s a sequence movie called Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, also on Netflix.

The Fault In Our Stars

Romance movies always make everyone’s heart warm. The Fault In Our Stars is based on John Green’s book that was released in 2012. Later on, they adapted the book to the movie that came out in 2014 but to this day it’s still one of everyone’s favorites. If you haven’t watched it yet, now it’s the time! Although it’s a love story, it’s also quite sad, so make sure you have some tissues next to you to wipe your tears. Hazel and Augustus are literally one of my favorite fictional couples and I’m sure you are also going to love them! The Fault In Our Stars is available on Disney+.

The Devil Wears Prada

Romantic Comedies are so amazing and The Devil Wears Prada is one of my favorites. The movie came out in 2006 and, to present days, is still a hit between people. Let’s begin talking about the amazing actresses that play the main characters, Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. The movie is really good, but believe me, what makes it incredible is those two! Meryl Streep even got an Oscar indication as best actress because of it. Besides that, the film talks about fashion journalism, which I particularly love, and that’s why you need to watch it! The Devil Wears Prada is available on Star+.

These 7 movies are about to give you a really good time during fall. As I said before, nothing better than a good movie with a warm drink, right? I hope you enjoy my favorite picks for this season as much as I do!

👯‍♀️ Related: New year, new semester: 7 movies about journalism to get inspired for the college restart

The article above was edited by Juliana Sanches.

Like this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero for more!

Completely obsessed with telling stories and living life to the fullest.