Everything You Need To Know About The Fifth Season Of “Elite”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The fifth season of Elite is coming to Netflix this Friday, April 8th, and here are some things you need to know and remember before watching it!

Season 4 started with Ander’s mom getting fired and a new principal, Benjamin Blanco, coming to school with his three children, Ari, Patrick, and Mencía. The relationship between the new students and the old characters didn’t start well, but things changed. Guzman finds himself liking Ari, which makes his long-distance relationship with Nadia even harder, leading them to a breakup. However, Samuel ends up liking the same girl, causing tension between the two friends. Meanwhile, Patrick gets interested in Ander, creating multiple conflicts between him and Omar and forming a love triangle.

At Blanco’s house, things are not going well. Mencía argues with her father and gets cut off financially. As she runs off to a bar, she meets Armando, a man who invites her to stay with him in his hotel room. On the next morning, she sees he left her money. Then, the girl comes back to him several times to get more money. At the same time, she starts a relationship with Rebeka, who doesn’t support her involvement with that man, once she finds out about it.

This last season also gave us another new character: Prince Phillipe, who gets involved with Cayetana. Throughout the season, Caye finds a camera above his bed, but he tells her that, in the past, he was accused of sexually assaulting a girl and this is how he protects himself against possible future accusations. Nevertheless, Phillipe tries to go too far with Caye, once they’re in the car, even though she repeatedly says no and this leads to them breaking up. During a New Year’s Eve party, Armando goes after Mencía, but Rebeka shows up and kicks him, and the girls run off. Later, Ari confronts him, but she falls into the lake, almost drowning. He runs away and Guzman goes after him and shoots him. Guzman, Samuel, and Rebeka throw his body in the lake and agree not to tell the police the truth. The season ends with Guzman and Ander going on a trip together, which means they won’t be in season 5.

After season 4, Netflix released some short stories (“extra episodes” focusing on specific characters) showing their holidays. First, we have the Phillipe Caye Felipe: short story, that shows Cayetana trying to get over her ex when she meets Felipe at a clothing donation event. However, when Phillipe shows up in her life again, she realizes she still has feelings for him, but, in the end, they decide to try being just friends.

Secondly, we have the “Samuel Omar: short story”. Samuel is threatened to leave his childhood house, so, with the help of Omar, he starts posting sexy photos wearing the Las Encinas uniform, to get money. Because of that, he gets expelled. That’s why his friends encourage a lot of students to do the same since Benjamin can’t expel everyone. The end leaves us in a cliffhanger, with the principal calling Samuel, but not showing us his decision about whether the student will or won’t go back to school.

Lastly, we have the Patrick: short story, where Patrick takes multiple drugs that makes him remember the day his mother died and show us how he blames himself for it. After talking with his family, the ending shows a possible shift in the family dynamic, bringing them closer together.

The fifth season will introduce us to new characters: Isadora, portrayed by the Argentinian actress Valentina Zenere – known for her role in Disney’s Soy Luna -; Iván, played by the Brazilian André Lamoglia; and Bilal, played by the French Adam Nourou.

Isadora is described as the new empress; she’s very individualistic and a rich influencer, who starts a relationship with Phillipe, causing some conflicts between her and Cayetana. Iván is the son of the most famous footballer in the world. Because of his father’s irresponsibility, he feels that he needs to be the responsible one. Bilal is a mysterious boy, with an unknown history, but he will have a connection with Omar.

This season will work as a parallel between Armando’s story and a new mystery. They will also show something about Phillipe’s past, including the accusations made against him. At Blanco’s house, Benjamin will become more controlling, enforcing multiple rules at school, to protect his kids; Mencía will have a smaller spotlight, while Ari and Patrick’s stories will get more importance. Samuel and Ari will face some relationship problems since he’s trying to be a good student and not disappoint Benjamin, while she wants to enjoy life due to the events of the past season.

I know… A lot of things are coming for this new season. And it’s pretty natural to be anxious about it. So, don’t waste your time: get your popcorn and some candy and get ready for the premiere!

————————

The article above was written by Maria Esther Cortez and edited by Bárbara Vetos.
Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero’s home page
for more!

Maria Esther Cortez

Casper Libero '25

Journalism student. Passionate about culture, movies, art and music. I love to travel and explore different parts of the world.