This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Haven’t we all had that moment where we sit in our rooms, listen to music and wonder what’s going to happen next? Especially when we’re teenagers, the world doesn’t seem to understand us, and music often becomes the place where we truly find ourselves.

Beabadoobee, also known as Beatrice Laus, is a singer and songwriter famously known by her single “Coffee” that went viral on TikTok in 2020. With an alternative pop/rock style, Beatrice, for the last six years, has been writing amazing songs that show us all the struggles and fascinations that’s growing up and learning about love is. Let’s break down her albums and a few singles to talk about this beautiful subject that is love. 

Fake It Flowers (2020)

On her first album Fake It Flowers, released in 2020, she gives us it all: sad music to cry late at night, love songs that simply will make you want to fall in love and – my favorite kind – the “screw you” type of music. Beabadoobee shows us an incredibly deep feeling in each song in this album – what it’s like to have someone in your life that isn’t necessarily good for you, but, in some way, you can’t let this person go. In every track she lets us know a little bit more about this love and how many different feelings she’s dealing with.

To all the girly girls that love a dramatic song to sing to, here are some of my favorites in the album:

1. “Care”: for when you’re in your reputation era;
  2. “Yoshimi, Forest, Magdalene”: for that someone special who doesn’t even seem real for how beautiful they are;
  3. “Hosen Sarrison”: a love song that comes with all the cliches and a little bit of teen confusion;
  4. “Back to Mars”: a nostalgic feeling about what a relationship used to be;
  5. “Dye It Red”: the perfect “screw you” type of song.

Throughout the album, it’s inevitable not to remember some of the pop/rock artists from the early 2000’s, like the queen Avril Lavigne herself. So, if you’re a part of the team that absolutely loves songs from that time – like myself –, Fake It Flowers may be the right choice for you. Beyond that, if you are more into love songs, you may be reminded of the famous song by miss Taylor Swift “The Way I Loved You” –  the whole “screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain”.

Beatopia (2022)

Beatopia was released in 2022 and the name says it all: this is her world and reality. Here, Beatrice shows us how mature and creative you can get in two years compared to her last album. It comes with an alternative indie style, where we get introduced, from the very first song, to this new magical universe. Like in her last record, this is a perfect soundtrack to a coming of age movie, finding different types of feelings in each track. 

It’s noticeable how Beabadoobee has grown in all aspects of music – not only in her lyrics, but especially sonically. On her first album, you can see more of a confused teenager (that we all were at some point), and now it’s a young adult with more matured feelings, but not letting aside the love and sadness of this new phase.

Speaking as a new young adult that just turned 18, Beatopia is very interesting to listen, especially during this time. If you are someone who is still learning what love is and how to love, maybe some songs here can represent you. But, if you are a part of the club that has someone to go on a date on Valentine’s Day, there is no shortage of love songs for couples either.

Therefore, here are some of my favs on the album:

1. “10:34”:  type of song to scream to when you have a broken heart;
  2. “Sunny day”: very calm rhythm and beautiful lyrics;
  3. “the perfect pair”: if you love Bossa Nova, you will fall in love with this one;
  4. “Talk”: it literally could have been made by Avril Lavigne in 2007 and I wouldn’t know the difference.

If I still didn’t convince you to listen to Beabadoobee’s albums, here are three EP’s that you ought give a shot:

1. “Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)”;
    2. “The Moon Song (feat. Oscar Lang) – this two have incredible matching voices;
    3. “Glue Song”: Beabadoobee’s latest release.

More to come!

Back in Los Angeles, Beatrice is currently working on her third album after touring with Taylor Swift – she opened five concerts from The Eras Tour. And, as she already did it two times, I’m pretty sure this new release will be as fantastic as Fake it Flowers and Beatopia were.

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Alice Nakao.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Maria Clara Polcan

Casper Libero '26

hi!! i'm maria clara, a journalism student passionate about writing, photography, music and poetry ♡