“Eu quero você, gatinha”: Bruno Mars returns to Brazil performing the best shows of The Town

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

“I’m here São Paulo!”, that was the echo of Bruno Mars’s voice after “24K Magic”, making the audience go crazy. After all, after six long years, the wish “Come to Brazil” that the Brazilians say so much, has finally become reality.

Bruno Mars starred as the headliner for two nights, September 3rd and 10th, in the first edition of The Town festival. The first date was the fastest one to be sold out at the event, and the demand for tickets was so high, that it showed one day wasn’t enough for everything the singer could show to his fans. The show was remembered for having a setlist full of his old hits, magnetic energy with the public, and a lot of dancing moves that made the crowd go wild during the entire performance.

The artist leads his shows in a good mood, and he plays and interacts with his fans a lot during the presentation. While he played the song “Finesse” he even advised the audience: “Put your phones down and enjoy the show with me. I want to see you guys moving, I want you guys to enjoy this!”, making the crowd dance to this song and after one “Treasure” proving that his advice was the best of all. 

As “Billionaire” was playing, the highlight of the song was the harmony and symphony of Bruno’s band, showing everyone how charismatic they were and making sure the crowd knew how much they made the performance much more complete.

Although Bruno accepted his nickname Bruninho in front of everyone, the spotlight of the night, which made history for the Brazilian fans, was him speaking Portuguese with all of his flirting skills. During the “Call All My Lovelies” performance, the singer made the public go crazy by saying: “Oi Sumida” – hey stranger – but the audience went wild when he said “Eu quero você, gostosa” – I want you, hottie -.

The show goes on and now everybody is certain that Bruno Mars is a complete artist; he does not need a big structure or a bunch of dancers by his side, he makes his moves through the stage, plays a diversity of instruments, sings like no one and makes sure to transform his presentation in something unique every time he is in stage, like his “Versace on the Floor” performance.

Another special moment for Brazil was the coming back of “It Will Rain” in the setlist. The song, which hasn’t been performed since 2018, caught everyone by surprise on his first-night show.

And then, every slice of happiness and agitation leaves slowly to let the slow – and sad – songs come up as he played them in a piano melody, like: “Grenade” and “Talking to the Moon”. One of his most well-known songs “When I Was Your Man” made an appearance as well, and the singer made sure to tell his fans how hard it is to sing it and how hard it was to write it; and yes Bruninho, it is hard for us to hold our tears back while we are listening it too!

But thankfully, to the surprise of the Brazilian fans, the sad moment was short. The song “Evidências” is considered a National Anthem in Brazil and was played by Bruno’s keyboardist John Fossitt. On the second night of the show, the original singer of “Evidências”  Xororó appeared on the big screen of the stage watching and singing at the show like everybody else.

Watching a show built like this just reaffirms that Bruno was born to be a star. It’s clear that he is not only working but also having fun while doing it; It’s magic to see how emotional everyone can get through his songs during the whole show. This is what is called: the Bruno Mars effect.

Besides making two days of performance in Brazil, the musician posted a video on his Instagram in honor of your quick time in the country. Bruninho, we hope to see you soon!

———————–

The article above was edited by Camila Lutfi and translated by Julia Tortoriello.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Hi! I'm a journalism student, fascinated by pop culture, shows, books, and all types of art! <3