This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

After a agitated week when Casperian suspended classes in order to refute tuition raises, CAVH’s event, Rock’n Casper was left behind. However, despite the low sales initially, the festival was very successful and left its organizers proud of the achievements. Managed and organized by the current party in charge of CAHV, + Vozes, the event gathered five amateur bands, which presented to the public an eclectic playlist of songs. The festival, held last September 3rd, a Saturday afternoon, took place in new little pub in the low part of Augusta Street, notorious for its rock’in roll vibe and the numerous nightclubs. A little bit late, “Feitosinha & Banda” opened the event. The Brazilian rock, present in exclusive songs and covers, encouraged the public to dance and participate.

The second band to present was “Matraga” and according to its members, it was their first concert. Between covers and exclusive songs, they captivated the audience singing to classic Led Zeppelin. “Bando” band was the only one lead by a woman’s vocal. And what a vocal! Charismatic and extremely talented, Camila Brandão, sophomore in Cásper, striked the espectators with a brilliant cover of Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse. The drummer Arthur also stole the show with his little fanclub

Furthermore, indie rock gender was present with the band, “Lide”. With a mix of Los Hermanos, exclusive songs and The Killers, their setlist encouraged the public to sing along with all the musics. The “Sueste” band innovated by playing a heavier rock with its own exclusive playlist.

Besides the bands, the CAVH brought a former student from Cásper Líbero, Lincoln Grosso. Designer and art director, he started working in the photography and presented his work, inspired in the urban daily life. For the event, he selected images with geometric compositions, high contrasts and urban atmosphere.

To end the afternoon, band “Corado” set the mood with reggae and rap. The singer’s stage presence and charisma did, without doubt, the public vibrate even more. Plyaing only with national songs, Corado mixed covers and exclusive songs. They recently released their first EP (extended play) and left the audience with a feeling of wanting more.

One of the organizers, Mateo Minillo, Public Relations senior, said that he was afraid of having little audience, as most of the tickets were sold in the door and their organization team had little experience with this sort of event. But, with Felipe Santana and Tulio Mota’s help (the pub Augusta 339’s owners), who opened the outside facade exclusively to Rock’in Casper, the event was sucessful.

Junior at Penn State University
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.