The Creative Sense of Bárbara Barros

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Not everything is a bed of roses. Even so, freshman cutie Bárbara is still able to leave her trace of sparkle on every morning conversation.

Name: Bárbara BarrosYear: 2018Major: JournalismHometown: São PauloSign: GeminiStatus: Dating (<3)Interests: Telling and listening to stories, fashion, photography

Since the first week of college, when we barely knew each other, Bárbara was already there with a bright smile as an open invitation to new friends. A few months later, that same sparkle is still on – even on early mornings, when she quietly looks for someone to tell the news or simply discuss her worries on future tests. The invitation to this interview was received with an “I’m glad I can help, but can I prepare my answers first?” 

Why did you choose to study journalism?I have always been attracted to this career, and I think we both have a lot in common. Journalism is all about living and telling new stories, meeting people, spreading facts that others don’t know yet, and I just love it.

Have you already decided which area you’re covering?I think life has been taking me towards fashion journalism. I’m taking part in a Fashion Journalism course offered by Cásper, but I have previously participated in a Fashion Styling related course. It was a lot more specific and practical, which I think is great for understanding the whole process [of working with fashion] better. We have some huge plans though, and right now we’re planning on launching our first collection in November.

Wow, that’s awesome! How many people are in this project and what is it called?We’re in four at the moment and it’s called Divas Criativas (Creative Divas, in literal translation). We’re also organizing a little bazaar this weekend to raise funds to continue the project.

How’s your adaptation to our college, concerning your visual impairment?I did have a few problems in the past. To begin with vestibular (A.N.: the tests we take here in Brazil to get into any college. Many, like Cásper, opt to make their own in order to select their future students/alumni), in which I had to deal with many questions about selected movies. But in the second time I took the test, I had already studied everything I could about them, so I had less trouble.

I’m really impressed by how easily you adapt yourself.I really think it has a lot to do with how the person was raised. I have never had any sort of special treatment, and I don’t even enjoy having it. I can do whatever any other person does. I may have to take my time and adapt to that situation, but I can’t see it as an excuse not to do anything somebody else does.

What’s the one place in the region that you recommend our readers to visit?The Trianon Park, for sure. It’s a tiny portion of peace, since you can breathe and walk calmly and even pretend there isn’t any pollution and crazy people walking from all places right next to you and it’s fantastic. It’s just like a parallel dimension!

Brenda Zacharias

Casper Libero

Brenda is just a (not so) small town girl still adjusting her temper to living in the hustle and bustle of São Paulo. Majoring in journalism, she is passionate about sharing experiences and listening to new stories - especially when they seem to be made for a movie. She spends her spare time reading comic books, listening to 00's music and collecting great profiles and articles published online. Not so secretly, she nurtures a special relationship with her still in progress, self-made Kardashian clan bio.
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.