Concerting From Home: Online Shows and Festivals To See During Quarantine!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

It is not surprising that many people have had to adapt their routines due to the new coronavirus preventive quarantine. Musical artists, for example, were faced with the postponement and, in some cases, cancellation of their shows as a protective measure to prevent the spread of the disease. This, of course, saddened many fans. However, it didn’t take long for a viable alternative to emerge…

On social media, especially on Instagram, many singers have decided to do live shows right from their homes with the intention of entertaining their fans in a safe way. The idea has spread around the world and now it we have a long schedule of shows until the end of the month! Because of it, we decided to organize some of the events that will take place in April – so you won’t lose any of them! Check them out below:

“Cantágio Musical”: A Brazilian theatrical festival

One of the festivals that has taken music to brazilian’s houses was Cantágio Musical, which is bringing together brazilian artists from the theater scene to perform from thursday to sunday through lives on Instagram. Myra Ruiz, Diego Montez, Tiago Barbosa, Bel Lima and Diego Montez are some renowned musical theater actors who have already participated in this series of concerts. Recently Cantágio finished the first season of presentations, however, the project was so successful that it promises more surprises. Let’s keep an eye out!

“One World: Together At Home”: A Lady Gaga’s worldwide festival

In addition to Cantágio, it is noteworthy that the singer Lady Gaga in partnership with the director of WHO, Tedros Adhanom, publicized the festival “One World: Together At Home“.

The idea of ​​the event, which will take place on April 18, is to promote support for health professionals in the fight against the new coronavirus and also to benefit local and regional philanthropic institutions that provide food, shelter and medical assistance to those who need help in this pandemic time.

The festival will feature only renowned artists, known to the general public, who will perform via live broadcast. Among them are Paul McCartney, Alanis Morissette, Stevie Wonder, Andrea Bocelli, Billie Eilish, Billie Joe Armstrong, Chris Martin, Eddie Vedder, Elton John, J Balvin, John Legend, Lizzo, Maluma and Lady Gaga.

The presentation of “One World: Together At Home” will be made by Jimmy Fallon, from “The Tonight Show”; Jimmy Kimmel, from “Jimmy Kimmel Live”; and Stephen Colbert, from “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert”.

The festival will be broadcast on several global platforms, such as Alibaba, Amazon Prime Video, Apple, Facebook, Instagram, LiveXLive, Tencent, Tencent Music Entertainment Group, TIDAL, TuneIn, Twitch, Twitter, Yahoo and YouTube.

In addition to these platforms, in Brazil the festival will air live at 9PM on April 18, on three channels: MTV, Comedy Central and Paramount Channel. You won’t have an excuse for not watching, huh?

In addition to the festival, there are also some events taking place weekly during the isolation period. Check out the schedule:

April  17

BTS‘ “Bang Bang Con” livestream concert series kicks off with four of eight classic shows, spread out over two nights, on YouTube.

Singer Felipe Araújo on YouTube (8:00 pm)

April 18

The Killers will conduct a Q&A and perform on Instagram Live (4:00 pm).

Festival One World: Together At Home (9:00 pm)

Wesley Safadão will be performing on YouTube and Instagram (8:00 pm).

April 19

Henrique & Juliano will be performing on YouTube (6:00 pm).

April 24

Simone and Simaria will be performing on YouTube (9:00 pm).

April 25

Singer Gustavo Mioto will be performing on YouTube (8:00 pm).

April 26

Luan Santana will be performing on YouTube (6:00 pm).

————————————

The article above was edited by Helena Cardoso.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for home!

Journalism student, born and raised in São Paulo. 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.