Culture > News

Coldplay Tickets Sold Out? Here’s Why It Was So Hard To Buy Your Ticket

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Coldplay, a British pop rock band, is finally coming to Brazil touring their latest album Music Of The Spheres. They first announced they were coming to Rock in Rio, but are also doing separate shows in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. Their gigs are known for the amazing fan interaction and the stage presence, besides a great amount of investment in lights, confetti, and other entertaining things.

what happened?

By being a big international act the hopes were that they were going to make a sold-out leg of the tour, but what they didn’t expect was the tickets selling out in less than an hour. The number of complaints on social media increased, getting to the Procon (a program of protection and defense of the consumer).  

The way the public and the Procon understated the case as an exchanged dealer’s case, meaning the site was allowing people to buy 10 or more tickets to resell for more money and in unapproved places. This became a polemic in Brazil, and the discussions about the exchanged dealers increased. This issue has been persecuted and analyzed by Procon.

Is very upsetting to still have to deal with this kind of thing with the amount of technology we now have, but it’s an issue Brazil will go through for a while if the changes are not made. The shows are for fans and are supposed to be a fun experience from the beginning and not being able to buy tickets because they sold out in less than an hour put a hold on the fun these gigs are supposed to bring. 

————————-

The article above was edited by Giullia Cartaxo. 

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Casper Libero for more!

Luiza Soares

Casper Libero '25

Been with Her Campus Casper Libero since 2022 and writing what makes my heart skip a beat.