Cervejada dos Bixos Expectations: Let The Games Begin!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Being a freshman is walking on unknown and undiscovered paths. Every little thing is new and exciting, especially when it comes to partying.

College “Cervejadas” (beer parties) are a big hit in Brazil. There are drums playing all the college anthems and songs, a lot of beer (obviously) and it’s insane how people love it and have fun. This event started to be planed last year and intend to overcome all the expectations.

Considering all of it, our first party is the freshman beer party, where they are the stars of the show and the main goal is to welcome them and make they feel like they belong. This year, the theme is March’s beers (Brejas de Março) based on a famous Brazilian song March’s waters (Águas de Março) once this song is about the end of the summer season and that’s what we`re living.   

In this way, this text is about the freshmen, more specifically, the new girls and their expectations about March the 5th. 99% of the interviewers emphasized this beer party as an opportunity to know different people from other courses or period, besides being their first party with their new friends (freshmen or veterans) to celebrate the beginning of another chapter of their life.

Yulia and Gabrielle (in the middle) with friends, Camila, Andressa and Eliane, at their first Beer Party

Our new casperians are ready to move their hips, find new crushes and invest on the old ones, drink a lot, make new friends and even they know that it’s inevitable to talk about Cásper events without mention funk songs, therefore the dance floor will become small to our new members who promise to dance like there’s no tomorrow.     

In addition, the freshmen are excited to feel Casper’s vibes, which include the university drums group. It doesn’t matter the course or age, everyone wants to have a happy and agitated time.

When questioned about possible surprises, Flavia Grunwald, the Athletic president, report that the event is full of surprises and unexpected occurrences by itself. “March 5th is coming and you have to go to see what expects you” she added.

It doesn’t matter if you like to dance or not, if you are shy or outgoing, this party will captivate everyone, losing themselves on the dance floor, exchanging a substantial amount of saliva or suffering from memory losses on the following day, we want to introduce our special guests to the best four years of their lives. Let the games begin!

Gabrielle Vianna

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.