Cásper Teams DMs #4: Mariana Perrella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Mariana Parrella – DM of the Volleyball Team

Age: 21

Major: Publicity and Propaganda

Grade: Senior

Member of the team since: 2013

What’s your strongest memory with the Team?

When we won JUCA in 2014, I wasn’t playing because the team formation was only seniors that year, but it was really great to share that moment with the other girls. I could see how much they had improved since the year before when they lost at the final game, which made that win extra special in 2014.

How close are you with your teammates?

We are very close. After 2014 almost all the girls in the team graduated, only lefting the ones that were in the bench. Then new girls got in the team in 2015, creating a new formation, that become very close to each other every year. Being friends outside the court is one of the things that improves the team inside the court.

In which way being part of the team has changed your academic experience?

After being a parto f the team I could finally understand what it was having that “red and White blood in your vains” that they talked about (laughs). I also got to know better how the Athlets depparment works at Casper. The athlets here work really hard I had no idea, they practice a lot, give their best in the games, always willing to win.

How’s JUCA’s preparation so far? Anything special?

We used to practice only during the weekends. But now we arranged a place to practice during the week, on Thursdays. So we practice three times a week. JUCA’s preparations happens all year. The team prepare itself for JUCA like Schools of Samba prepare themselves for Carnaval every year, the minute it’s over they start the preparation for the following year (laughs). We also make some small team reunions the week before JUCA so we can relax and spend time together.

Predictions for 2016?

Well the expectations are really high for this year! We want to win JUCA! The team is having a great start of year, we won some tough matches that motived us a lot! We are also excited about the new formation of the team, with the arriving of new girls.

Julia Noleto

Casper Libero

Mastering in Radio, Tv and Internet at Faculdade Casper Líbero. Tennis player during the weekends. Passionate about Ideas, with a big love for concerts, Tv series marathons and photoshoots. <3
Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.