Cásper Teams DMs #3: Tácia Risério Herstig

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Tácia Risério Herstig– DM of the Table Tennis Team

Age: 20

Major: Radio, TV and Internet

Grade: Junior

Member of the team since: 2014

What’s your strongest memory with the Team?

I guess a very special moment was last year when one of your players Noboru got a red bandana for everyone in the team. It was when I realized how United the team was, and that I was very happy to be a part of it.

How close are you with your teammates?

We slowly got to know each other, and then we became very close last year. And even being a individual sport we don’t get competitive when practicing against each other, we are always trying to help the other to get better, like teammates. I don’t really see our team as individuals.

In which way being part of the team has changed your academic experience?

It expanded a lot my conexions with people at Campus. I met a lot of great people that I wouldn’t have the opportunite to meet if I wasn’t being a part of the team. And this is one of the greatest things, because I think the social experiences in college are as important as the academic ones.  

How’s JUCA’s preparation so far? Anything special?

The arriving of a coach changed a lot the team routine. Besides getting a new table to practice and new equipments. We got an extra day to practice on Tuesdays, and we have our regular practices that still on Saturdays. And to prepare for JUCA we have been playing some exhibition matches.

Predictions for 2016?

Personal would be win a set in one of my games (laughs). This is going to be my first JUCA actually playing. But for the team I hope they have fun and be able to apply everything we have being practicing. I think this JUCA will bring better results for us (Hopefully).

Julia Noleto

Casper Libero

Mastering in Radio, Tv and Internet at Faculdade Casper Líbero. Tennis player during the weekends. Passionate about Ideas, with a big love for concerts, Tv series marathons and photoshoots. <3
Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.