Cásper Student for 8 Years: Meet Felipe “Cenoura”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Name: Felipe Bertozi Malcher

Age: 27 years old

Majors: Radio, TV and  Internet (RTVI) + Publicity and Marketing (PP)

Year: 2011 (RTVI) and 2015 (PP)

Hobbies: to play soccer and collect sneakers

A song that inspires you: “O Show Tem Que Continuar” (Fundo de Quintal)

A: Why did you study at Cásper Líbero more than once? What did motivate you to do this?

F: Before taking the college exam I wasn’t sure on what I wanted to study, and I was between Radio and Television, and Publicity and Marketing. Since I had to choose one of them, I decided to go with RTVI first. On my junior year I started to get discouraged with the course but I decided to finish it anyway. When I graduated in RTVI, I started thinking about what to do with my life, so I decided to take the college exam again, this time for the Publicity major. I chose to attend Cásper again because I already knew how to pass the admission exam. Besides that, I already had many friends and was part of the athletics and soccer teams. Moreover, of course, I was betting that PP would give me more future than RTVI.

A: How did you choose your majors? F: None of the majors were my college dream, I always wanted to be a soccer player. However, RTVI and PP were the majors that I was more identified with when I was thinking about what I was going to study. I should have chosen PP as the first option but I ended up choosing RTVI and then I did PP.

A: What did you do to do not lose your mind after many years at college? F: Everything goes by very fast, especially when you are involved in other things besides studying. I had eight years of Cásper, which did not seem like much but when I look back now I realize that it was a lot. I think soccer and my friends helped me not to freak out that much but in the second major, I could not stand to step in at Cásper anymore. Besides that, most of my old friends were already graduated or about to graduate. Nowadays, I avoid going to Cásper because I do not have any more patience (laughs).

A: What did you evolve studying eight years at Cásper?

F: You evolve as a person. There are several situations that you end up going through and learn to deal with each one of them. However, I feel I have evolved more with my experience in athletic and soccer teams. In those places, you end up having to deal with situations you would not cope with in a classroom. In athletic we had to deal with all the students, try to please them all with events, parties, JUCAs, teams, etc. Dealing with people is very difficult, even more at Cásper where we have all kinds of people and tastes. On soccer teams, I learned and grew a lot. I grew up mainly as a person.

A: How was being a Cásper athlete for many years?

F: It was the best experience of my life. I have always wanted to be a soccer player and at Cásper I got the closest thing to that. I went to 10 JUCAs playing for Cásper, some titles, some vice championships, several ​​goals, some good friends, other best friends.

We never got paid to play. The guys who played and play for Cásper are what they really like. We’ve always said that playing for Cásper is different than playing for any other college. The biggest fun of my week was practicing two or three times in the middle of the night and playing once or twice over the weekend. I gave up on lunches with family, time with girlfriends and friends to go play or practice. Looking back and analyzing everything I’ve been playing at Cásper, I think I would do it all again without any regrets. It was one of the greatest pleasures of my life to play these 10 years. In addition, my greatest happiness is to know that somehow I could help the other guys grow as a person and set an example for many of them. I will always be grateful to all who have been part of this with me.

A: Where did your nickname “cenooura” (carrot, in English) come from?

F: (Laughs) Until today this is an unknown reason. In 2008, in my first indoor soccer training for Cásper, when I got on the court, Espiga (another student) turned to me and said “hey, Cenoura!”. I looked sideways, backwards, saw no one around and thought, “It must be me.” I waved back and since then people call me Cenoura. I already asked Espiga where the idea came from, but he said it sound right at that time, with no special reason.

Aline Oliveira

Casper Libero

Journalism student of Cásper Líbero
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.