Cásper In The Stars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Since 2015 we’ve seen astrology being taken more seriously than in the past years. If you think the solar sign is what the ‘star charts’ are all about, then please:

This subject at our University is no different at all. In fact, we have a debate group for our zodiac fanatics. ‘Cásper nas estrelas’ (or ‘Cásper at the stars’) is the name of the community created by our rising star Gabriella Martins (junior, Public Relations), whose nickname has a bit of astrology behind it. ‘Gabi Mãe’ (Gabi Mom) refers to her inner maternal spirit around the freshman, and which sign is better known by its Family side than Cancer? “I am the one who has everything in my purse. I have medications. I take care of anybody who gets sick.”

Gabriella created the group after experiencing a similar organization by the students of Philosophy, Language Arts and Humane Science from University of São Paulo (FFLCH). “Astrology was a true breaker last year, and it came out of nowhere”. The cancerian always had an interest on the topic and in 2015, the year ruled by mars, she went deep on the zodiac. She was inspired by a former Journalism student, Leonardo Uller – who owns an astrology page -, and her girlfriend, Maria Eugenia Holtz, to found a Facebook group.

Although ‘Cásper at the stars’ includes articles, memes, questions, jokes, advising on how to make your incompatible crush fall in love with you and others peculiarities, it barely shows the severity with which astrology is taken at Cásper outside social media. Here are 3 examples on how our University has tide knots with the zodiac:

1.      At our first Her Campus meeting, each one of the team had to say their name, age, course, year – usual stuff –, Hogwarts house and ZODIAC SIGN. Here are the results:

Who is a Libra?

2.      Alana Claro and Barbara Muniz, the chief editors of Her Campus Cásper Líbero owe a mind-notebook with a list of our professors and their birthdays. The table is a hot topic of discussion at ‘Cásper at the stars’: “we have to know what we are up to face next year”, claims ‘Gabi Mom’.

3.      The Journalism students who work at Cásper Líbero’s editorial department, also known by Núcleo Editorial, print the upcoming work colleague’s star chart to see how the new reporter or art designer is.

When asked about which sign would the University be, Gabriella says that it is impossible not to think about Gemini, since the sign is represented by its great skills of communication and Cásper Líbero is a Social Communication University. However, the assumed solar sign of Cásper is Taurus, supposing it was ‘born’ (aka inaugurated) on May, the 16th of 1947 at 8 am – the official start of morning classes. If it isn’t the solar sign, Gemini was meant to be Cásper’s ascendant. And the moon is Aries.

Isn’t astrology SO FETCH?

Thaís Monteiro

Casper Libero

Veteran in Casper Libero, majoring in Journalism. Thaís is a libra passionate about São Paulo, married to both Greys Anatomy and Friends, obsessed wiht greek mitology, astrology, reading and singing'n'dancing. I feel so honored to be a part of this team. I hope I meet your expectations.  Feel free to contact me.
Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.