Bruno Mars is coming to The Town! Here are 10 songs to listen until the big day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Bruno Mars is probably THE name of the newest São Paulo’s music festival, The Town. The last time he came to Brazil was in 2017, with the 24K Magic Tour, which was sold out both in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Owner of an amount of hits like When I Was Your Man“, “Just The Way You Are“, “Uptown Funk“, “Leave The Door Open and more, Bruno will hold concerts on September 3rd and close the festival on September 10th. The two days are sold out. 

There are so many songs that NEED to be on the setlist, but, unfortanely, according to some Spotify playlists, Bruno will sing only 20 songs from his numerous hits. It’s kind of funny to suggest songs that should be on your playlist when the majority is general knowledge and big hits, but here are 10 Bruno Mars songs that need to be on your playlist until the show! 

1. CALLING ALL MY LOVELIES

Starting with one that is not so famous, “Calling All My Lovelies” is a great ballad to chill out at the show. The lyrics are kind of sad, but the melody masks it. It also has a suffering relatable to anyone, so it’s great to have this one on setlist and “cry” a little – or not! 

2. THAT’S WHAT I LIKE

“You say you want a good time, well, here I am, baby”. Yes, you are, Bruno! And I want to have a good time with you so much! This one is perfect to sing your lungs out to the whole lyrics! It has a beat and a melodic construction so good to listen to! If you’ll be at the concert with your friend, I suggest you to sing (actually, to scream) this part to them: “I will never make a promise that I can’t keep” but if you’re going to be with your lover, choose this one: “if you want it, girl, come and get it. All this is here for you”.

3. 24K MAGIC

“Tonight, I just want to take you higher. Throw your hands up in the sky, let’s set this party off right”. This beginning says everything about why that song should be on your playlist! Imagine singing this one, with a thousand people, everyone together! OMG chills, literally chills! 

4. FINESSE 

This one is for that couple that knows “styling” like “we’re out here drippin in finesse”. It’s perfect to dance and chill with your loved one. The beat is so pleasing that you can’t sit still. No wonder this song is a hit!

5. WAKE UP IN THE SKY

FLYYYYY! The start of this song is so great that I don’t know how to describe it, so you need to listen, for real! It will make you feel like you’re on top of the world, so powerful and brilliant, like “I know I’m super fly”!

6. BILLIONAIRE

If you are a young adult with so many dreams to achieve and many doubts about your future, “Billionaire” has to be on your playlist! We know how hard it is to say goodbye to your childhood and become an adult, but it’s great to dream about your journey and be hopeful about it. Mars knew exactly how to describe this feeling in this song! “Every time I close my eyes, I see my name in shining lights”.

7. WHEN I WAS YOUR MAN

I know that everyone knows this one, but it’s almost a crime not to have it on this list. When Bruno Mars sits at the piano, the public expects to listen to “When I Was Your Man”. This song is so heartbreaking, emotional and relatable that it’s impossible not to cry on. “My heart breaks a little when I hear your name”.

8. GRENADE

“You said you loved me, you’re a liar. ‘Cause you never ever, ever did, babe”. Screaming this quote is going to be a masterpiece, indeed! “Grenade” has everything to be one of the greatest parts of the performance because it has an increasing melodic that excites anyone. 

9. LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN

The greatest hit of An Evening with Silk Sonic and Grammy 2021’s winner “Record of the Year”. “Leave The Door Open” is by far my favorite Bruno Mars song. The difference between this song and others is so clear. The production, the melody, everything is excellent and it differs from anything he has done before. It definitely has to be on your playlist forever!

10. LOCKED OUT HEAVEN

The artist usually closes the concert with this magnificent song! I reckon everyone knows this one, but you have to learn the lyrics before the festival just to enjoy it from the beginning until the end. I guarantee that you won’t regret this decision! 

FOR THE CONCERT

The singer will only present in Brazil on The Town, so the fans are excited about the festival and how it’s going to be. With a bunch of hits it’s almost impossible to not enjoy the concert! It’s great to have Bruno Mars here again, even because we “got nothing on you”, Bruno!

———–

This article above was edited by Giulia Howard.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero homepage for more!

Tiffany Maria

Casper Libero '26

I'm a journalism student at Cásper Líbero. I love read and write about anything, especially music and art. I perceive art in everything where my eyes can see. As a new person in journalism world, I’m expecting that one of my texts impacts you from some way.