KATIE STEVENS, MEGHANN FAHY, AISHA DEE
KATIE STEVENS, MEGHANN FAHY, AISHA DEE
Freeform / Jonathan Wenk / Disney Enterprises

The Bold Type: A Review Without Spoilers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

I’m sure that if you like The Devil Wears Prada and Sex And The City, you will love The Bold Type! This show was released in 2017 by Freeform, but just came out on Netflix’s Catalog, it was a hit, the episodes have already debuted in the top 10 most watched titles in Brazil, and I can tell you it’s worth watching!

The series has four seasons on Netflix and her fifth and last season came out on May 26 and the next episodes are coming out weekly.

KATIE STEVENS, MEGHANN FAHY, AISHA DEE

The story revolves around Jane Sloan (Katie Stevens), Kat Edison (Aisha Dee), and Sutton Brady (Meghann Fahy), three best friends that get to know each other at Scarlet Magazine, where they work in New York, and become inseparable. Throughout the episodes, we follow their trajectory, with all the problems they have to face at work, their love lives, and they eventually crisis in Scarlet Magazine’s closet – which has become a tradition for the trio, because it’s where they gather to talk, laugh, and cry.

Their friendship is so honest and beautiful! I know if you watch you will think the same thing and instantly think of your best friends and how you have fun together and confine your secrets. These three best friends are always sharing moments of their lives and asking for advice when they need it.

For being a show that revolves around women, of course many of the themes goes around feminism and its struggle for equality. Among these, this series shows us how the three of them reach such high levels in their careers: Jane is a writer and tries her best to give women their voice, Kat is head of the Social Media department and Sutton is an assistant in the Fashion Department, for now… but we are not giving any spoilers!

What’s amazing about this series is that it brings up many topics that are big taboos in society, such as masturbation and female pleasure, that’s what we need these days: to talk about it and not be ashamed to! Other topics that are mentioned on “The Bold Type” are racism, sexual abuse, acceptance of your sexual orientation, cancer awareness and prevention and other things.

What I can tell you is that you will fall in love with this show. Katie Stevens, Aisha Dee, and Meghann Fahy performances are amazing and it is so interesting to watch their story develop. Besides this amazing friendship the series also have a lot of relationships, showing the good and the bad sides of it, such as cheating and conflict of interests.

The Bold Type stars Aisha Dee as Kat Edison, Meghann Fahy as Sutton Brady and Katie Stevens as Jane Sloan.
Freeform/Nino Munoz / Disney Enterprises, Inc.

If you watch “The Bold Type” I’m pretty sure, you will want to work on a magazine like Scarlet, surrounded by amazing people that you can relate to in the communication field. Watching them work so hard and follow their dreams is really inspiring.

Another thing that is worth checking out is the series soundtrack, bringing amazing singers, known, like Selena Gomez, Gracie Abrams and Dua Lipa, and even some unknown ones!

All I know is that if you are interested you need to watch “The Bold Type” right now and enjoy! 

————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Helena Leite.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Giullia Cartaxo

Casper Libero '23

A sociable, kind, friendly, little broadcaster with a love for series, movies and the internet.