The Best Shows Happening In São Paulo Until The End Of The Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you’re bored and tired of this latter half of 2018, you’ll for sure enjoy these great icons’ gigs to chill out and have a blast. So save all the dates! (Or the money to do it).

1. Summer Break Festival (8/11)

This upcoming festival, produced by Time For Fun, will have on its stage the American indie rock band Foster the People, whose multi-instrumentalist singer Mark Foster is leading the pack. The trio known by its melodic and dance-oriented pop probably will play songs from the third album, Sacred Hearts Club, and its brand new EP, III. Even so, they might play a few famous singles from Supermodel and Torches too.Foster The People during their show at Lollapalooza Brazil 2012 | Image Source: Flickr

The stage will also be shared with Noel Gallagher (Oasis ex-frontman) and his rock band High Flying Birds. The Stranded on the Earth World Tour will perform the third studio album Who Built the Moon?, including on the setlist a few Oasis’ singles.

Noel Gallagher | Image Source: IMDb

Tickets: R$160 to R$600

Address: Sambódromo do Anhembi, SP

2. Popload Festival (15/11)

The annual festival is produced by Popload site, which is created by the partners Lucio Ribeiro and Paola Wescher. On its sixth edition, the festival line-up is composed by great artists from the alternative/indie scenario, having the singer Lorde as one of the main headliners, besides Blondie, an American rock band pioneer in the new wave and punk scenes in the mid-late 1970s, for instance. Other artists have confirmed presence, like MGMT, Death Cab For Cutie, At The Drive-In, Mallu Magalhães & Tim Bernardes and Letrux.Lorde | Image source: IMDb

The festival uses the cashless technology and you can also get the ticket doing volunteer work (Popload Social), although you must get tuned on the notifications to be informed about.

MGMT Image source: Tumblr

Tickets: R$180 to R$450 (all the options to purchase are almost sold out)

Address: Memorial da América Latina, São Paulo

3. Morrissey (2/12)

The Smiths’ ex-leader and songwriter comes to Brazil to perform his eleventh solo studio album, Low in High School. Morrissey’s concert uses to be chock-full of songs that remembers us the mid-late 1980s songs, what by far are simply terrific. Despite some polemics and controversial quotes by the singer and other gossips (or not) that the rumor has it, his gig is one of the most expected by the older, and yet, surprisingly, by the youngsters hipster/alternative clique.

Image source: IMDb

Tickets: R$175 to R$300

Address: Espaço das Américas – Tagipuru Street, 795 – Barra Funda, São Paulo

Yasmin Altaras

Casper Libero

Journalism student learning some stuff about the Universe.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.