This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

For those that really love makeup, it’s more than just applying products in your face, it’s something bigger: it’s about having fun while doing it. Either if the makeup it’s colorful, neutral or flawless, what really matters is if you feel happy and comfortable with it.

Source: Pinterest

However, regardless of your preferences on types and styles of makeup, many brands still test on animals, which is a shame in the 21st century. Acting like this, they lose points with customers because of their lack of empathy. With all the technology that exists today, is it really necessary to hurt animals only to make beauty products?

Thinking about products that have no harm in the production process, we selected some cruelty-free brands you can use with no regrets:

Cruelty-Free Makeup Brands: Milani, Bare Minerals, NYX, Kat Von D., Physicians Formula, Flower Beauty, Wet n Wild, Hourglass Cosmetics, Colour Pop, Bite Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Urban Decay, Anastasia Beverly Hills, BH Cosmetics, It Cosmetics, Koh Gen Do, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced, Cover FX, Dose of Colors, Tarte Cosmetics, Stila. For the Brazilians out there: Natura, O Boticário, Vult and Yes Cosmetics are some brands that don’t test in animals.

Unfortunately, there are still huge makeup brands that test their products on animals – the majority of these companies pay for cheaper tests in China. See a few of them that you must pay attention:

Non Cruelty-Free Makeup Brands: M.A.C, AVON, NARS, MAYBELLINE, CLINIQUE, MARY KAY, BOBBI BROWN, VICTORIA’S SECRET, CLARINS, BENEFIT, ORIGINS, ELIZABETH ARDEN, ESTEE LAUDER, MAKE UP FOR EVER.

Standing up for animals that can’t speak for themselves, The Leaping Bunny and PETA, both NGO’s, developed worldwide certifications that state if brands are vegan or not:

• The Leaping Bunny Is the gold-standard in cruelty-free certification for personal care and household products companies and signifies no animal testing at any stage of product development. (http://www.leapingbunny.org)
  • PETA Certified: The PETA-Approved Vegan” logo verifies that the following brand and product are cruelty-free. PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatments of Animals. (https://www.peta.org/about-peta/)

On both sites you can see all the cruelty-free and non cruelty-free brands. Let’s save our animals, say no to animal testing!

Isabella Kalil is 21 years old, studies Advertising and Marketing. She's passionate about the makeup world, loves to spend her free-time watching youtube videos, testing makeup and giving love to her little dogs.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.