Baila Conmigo: Reggaeton Rhythm Has Won our Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

It is a fact: the reggaeton is the rhythm of the year, currently dominating the music charts all over the world. In Brazil, we may listen the Latin lyrics in any radio station or soap opera’s soundtracks. The dancing rhythm has been gaining more and more space within the music scene. Here, artists like Anitta and Luan Santana already signed partnerships with increadible Spanish-speaker-singers, featuring great hits that keep all day in our minds.

Reggaeton comes from Central America, originated in the 1980s, mainly in Panama. The catchy music style became popular in Porto Rico and, blending the Latin and American rhythms such as hip hop and salsa, won the world in the voice of artists like Shakira and Enrique Iglesias.

Generally, due to the appealing content and dances, the aesthetics makes us picture the sun and grace of Latin America. This emerging rhythm is taken as one of the great promises for this summer/2017.

Check it out this amazing playlist HC have prepared for you:

1. Bailando (Enrique Iglesias feat. Luan Santana) Portuguese Version

2. La Bicicleta (Carlos Vives, Shakira)

3. El Perdedor (​Maluma)

4. Ginza (J. Balvin feat. Anitta) ​

5. Sim Ou Não (Anitta feat. Maluma)

6.  Shaky Shaky (Daddy Yankee)

7. El Perdón (Nicky Jam feat. Enrique Iglesias)

8. Latinoamérica (Calle 13)

Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.