Style > Fashion

Angelina Jolie: get to know all about the Gemini actress’s glamorous and elegant style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The actress, director and activist Angelina Jolie turned 48 this Sunday (04). In addition to being known for her emblematic roles and for having won the Academy Awards in 2000, Jolie is also a fashion icon.

Owner of a classic and minimalist style inside and outside the red carpets, the filmmaker is always attuned to the trends of the fashion world. An interesting curiosity is that she is leading a sustainable fashion project in which creative people can collaborate with designers from all over the globe. A very cool initiative!

That’s why Her Campus tells you all about the Gemini actress’s glamorous and elegant style. Come with us and get inspired by it! 

All black

It’s no surprise to anyone that Angelina is a super fan of black clothes, but that doesn’t mean her look is boring! Quite the contrary, she is always innovating in the choice of outfits and showing the versatility of the color. Even on the big screens, the actress shows how it is possible to match the black tone with clothes that value her silhouette and, at the same time, have different types of cut. 

We can see this in the costumes of her character “Maleficent” and in the clothes she wore on the film’s promotional tour. The villain played by Jolie is known for her dark robes with sculptural shapes, as well as accessories in fur, leather and artificial feathers. For the launch tour, Angelina bet on striking pieces that had traces of the costume, such as a non-basic black dress of sequins by Atelier Versace.

Earth tones

The earth tones are true jokers in our wardrobe and it’s clear that the Oscar winner also thinks so. Angelina is always parading her neutral style through the streets around the world and it’s impressive how she gets it right every single time! 

Whether on red carpets or to go shopping, Jolie bets on clothes with neutral tones. Besides, the actress loves comfortable pieces that exhale elegance and charm wherever she goes.

Monochrome looks

It’s normal to see the actress wearing monochrome looks on and off the screens. In “The Tourist”, for example, her character “Elise” loved to wear classic and one-color clothes, such as the first look shown by Jolie in the movie, a mixture of various shades of beige. Classic and timeless! 

In real life, Angelina Jolie is also super adept at this style of clothing and is seen wearing it daily! Whether it’s a tailoring suit or a dress with an overcoat, the actress varies between all black, white and beige tones.

A little bit of color

Those who think that Angelina Jolie’s palette does not have a single color are wrong. The actress may be the queen of neutral tones, but she still knows exactly when to add a more colorful touch to the look! During the events of the cinematographic world, she also likes to risk a little and mix the sober colors with others more flashy and vibrant.

This is the case of the white satin Versace Gown Angelina wore to the 69th Golden Globes. The dress was extremely chic and had a red satin fold on the bodice that matched her purse.

Another example is the butterfly-shaped Givenchy lavender bow top she wore in Rome during the promo tour of “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil”. The director paired the top with black pants and high heels, as well as basic makeup.

As seen, Angelina Jolie’s style is classic and timeless, based mainly on all black, earthy tones and monochrome looks, but not forgetting a little bit of color from time to time. Furthermore, the actress is super attached to humanitarian causes and created her own brand to help those creators who rarely receive the credit and respect they deserve.

It’s no doubt that after seeing these looks you will not only be inspired by the glamour and elegance of the week’s birthday girl, but by herself as well!

The article above was edited by Mariana do Patrocínio. 

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Julia Safra

Casper Libero '25

Journalism student at Cásper Líbero. Passionate about sports, music and anything related to entertainment. I'm extremely excited to see where this journey will take me!