A screenshot of Lady Gaga\'s new music video
Interscope Records

All About House Of Gucci, New Movie With Lady Gaga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

That Lady Gaga is an excellent singer and owner of one of the most impressive voices today everyone knows, but she surprises as an actress in 2018, when she starred in the film “A Star is Born”, a performance that earned her an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. Now is approaching the premiere of Gaga’s first film since then: House of Gucci. The production is scheduled to debut in late November and is directed by Ridley Scott

The singer will play Patrizia Reggiani, who ordered the assassination of the heir Maurizio Gucci, heir to the empire of the Gucci fashion house, of which an Italian family is the founder and owner. The movie will have decades of love, decadence, ambition, betrayal and, of course, fashion, which will end a turbulent divorce between Patrizia and Maurizio.

Then, get to know the main information and facts that we know so far about House of Gucci.

The movie is inspired by a real case

The story of the film is based on a real case and will tell the story of Patrizia Reggiani, ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci, who conspired to kill her husband in 1995. She planned the murder with a hired killer and three other people, including the therapist. Gucci’s heir was murdered by four shots. The socialite was sentenced to 29 years in prison, but left in 2013.

Although scandalous, the case is not so well known. The controversy was kept reasonably hidden and was controlled by Gucci, which continually expanded each year into the luxury market.

The movie is an adaptation of a book

The film will be based on the nonfiction novel “The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder Madness, Glamour, and Greed”, written by Sara Gay Forden. The book questions Patricia’s motives for wanting her ex-husband dead or if there is any possibility that she did not orchestrate the crime.

The book has a extensive research about the history of Gucci family and the case. Besides is well rated by critics. “The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder Madness, Glamour, and Greed” brings information about the high finances and personal life of this dynasty, as well as, of course, high fashion.

Lady Gaga’s preparation was huge and intense

The singer told Vogue that she spent a year and a half as Patrizia. During the Gaga period she didn’t give up her character’s accent or flair even outside of the film set. According to the actress, she never went back to being herself off camera and even dyed her hair because she couldn’t regain her accent when she was blonde.

But the intense preparation brought consequences for the singer’s personal life. According to her, everything she looked at needed to be converted into money. Gaga recalled that she went for a walk at the end of filming, after spend months locked in the hotel acting like her character, and ended up panicking because she thought she was on a set.

cast full of stars

In addition to Lady Gaga, the cast also features Adam Driver, nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor in 2020 for “Marriage Story” and in 2019 for Best Supporting Actor for “BlacKkKlansman”. The actor will be Maurizio Gucci.

Jared Leto will play Paolo Gucci and appeared unrecognizable in the film’s posters. The actor was acclaimed for his performance in “Dallas Buyers Club” and received many awards, such as an Oscar and a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor.

The film will also feature the renowned Al Pacino as Aldo Gucci, Jeremy Irons as Rodolfo Gucci; Jack Huston Living as Domenico de Sole; Salma Hayek as Pina Auriemma; Camille Cottin as Paola Franchi.

Many stylish looks

Fashion will be a fundamental component of this film, which is precisely about the family that owns one of the main couture brands in the world: Gucci. Thus, amazing and stylish looks could not be left out of production.

In the trailers that have already been released we can see that the movie will have stylish pieces. The characters appear in classic and stylish costumes that show the power of the Gucci family.

Lady Gaga didn’t want to meet Patrizia Reggiani

Patrizia Reggiani even expressed her irritation at the singer’s decision not to tell her while preparing for the character. But Lady Gaga explained, in an interview with Vogue, that knowing the mastermind of the crime would affect her ability to do justice to the role. According to her, it took a journalistic spirit to understand what was happening in the scenes of the film and that no one could tell her who Patrizia was, not even Patrizia.

Early premiere

Previously, House Of Gucci was slated to premiere in Brazilian movie theaters in January, but Universal Pictures has anticipated the release that will now be onNovember 25th, one the day after the United States premiere.

Camila Nascimento

Casper Libero '24

Curious journalism student who loves to write about everything!