After Endgame: What Is Going To Happen In MCU’s Phase 4

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The Avengers: Endgame movie brought a lot of excitement and exceeded the expectations of Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) fans. But what will be the future of this universe after Endgame and what’s going to happen in phase four? We saw a little of that in Tom Holland’s movie, Spider Man Far From Home, but there are still many questions. Are the mutants and the fantastic four going into this exciting universe? Who will lead the Avengers?

Many answers to these questions were announced at the San Diego Comic Con. At this gigant event Marvel announced many films and series that made the fans excited. The new shows will be released on the Disney+ platform, including Hawkeye, What If …?, Loki, WandaVision and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. In addition, they also announced several movies such as Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love And Thunder, Black Widow, Blade, Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings and Eternals.

Image Source: Twitter/@MARVELFANSUNI

Ok, so let’s talk about each of these new movies and series to you stay connected with everything that will happen on MCU. The first movie of phase four, Black Widow, will be released on May 1, 2020 and will show Natasha Romanoff’s past, and actress Scarlett Johansson told in Marvel´s panel at Comic Con San Diego that she can play a fully realized Natasha. The cast also features David Harbor of Stranger Things, OT Fagbenle, Rachel Weisz and Florence Pugh.

Then the movie Eternals will be released, featuring a diverse cast: Salma Hayek, Angelina Jolie, Lia Mchugh, Brian Tyree Henry, Lauren Ridloff, Kumail Nanjiani, Don Lee and Richard Madden. The Eternals are humans modified by the Celestials when they come to Earth. Some characters in the comics were men but, will be played by women as the characters Makkari, Ajak and Sprite. 

Image Source: Instagram/Marvel

In this new phase Marvel decided to risk a little bit by releasing her first horror movie: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, that will introduce us to the multiverse at MCU and also features the presence of our dear Scarlet Witch. The film will come from the events of the WandaVision series, which will be released in fall 2021. 

In Endgame, we saw Steve Rogers give his legacy of Captain America to Falcon, and we’ll see how he will take on this mantle in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier serie. Also, we’ll find out more about the character HawkEye in his new serie, which will feature Kate Bishop, the future HawkEye. 

We will also find out what Thor’s future will be in his fourth movie that have the title of Thor: Love and Thunder. At Comic Con it was announced that in this movie we will have the woman Thor, who will be Jane Foster. And in the movie, we’ll see a development of Thor, after he lost his brother and passed his legacy of king to the Valkyrie character.

The Loki series will be released in the first half of 2021, and the question that goes through the heads of fans is: how will he come back? Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios has confirmed that Loki’s comeback is linked to the Endgame scene, where he steals the tesseract and runs away. So in the series we’ll probably see Loki from the first Avengers movie. We will also have Marvel Shang-Chi‘s first Asian hero, who will be played by Simu Liu, bringing more diversity to the MCU universe. 

And as if that wasn’t enough at the end of the panel, Marvel confirmed the release of a movie no one expected: Blade. The film talks about a half vampire who is also a vampire hunter, and will be starring Mahershala Ali, two times Oscar winner. 

Beyond that, we also can expect lots of sequels, such as Captain Marvel 2, Black Panter 2, Guardians of Galaxy 3, among others. With all this news, Marvel is bringing more and more diversity to the big screen and streaming services, and has made fans very excited about this new phase to come.

Maria Luiza Dantas

Casper Libero '23

Love writing, reading, music, movies.
Camille Carboni

Casper Libero '19

Senior at Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism and Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus. Proudly a cat person, tea and french desserts addicted and specially in love with cinnamon. Deeply crazy about maps and everything travel related, so if you wanna catch my attention, you should know airports will always be my favorite places on earth.