9 Reasons Why Emma Watson is The Best Role Model Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Emma Watson was just a little girl when she conquered our hearts as Hermione Granger – from the Harry Potter series. Since 2001, year that “Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone” was released, she continued to amaze us in all that she does. Like, she had accomplished a ridiculous amount for a 25 year-old.  

In case you hadn’t notice, the British actress is very likely the most flawless person ever! Emma made us proud and proved to be super intelligent, fashion forward and blessed with both impeccable taste and good looks.  

So here are 9 reasons why Emma Watson may just be the best human alive. 

#1 She was part of our childhoods 

Emma made our childhoods infinitely better than they would have been without Harry Potter! Hermione Granger was a truly inspiration for all of the girls – without her, we wouldn’t be able to perform “Wingardium Leviosa” (or say it correctly) and the wizard world would still be in danger.  

#2 She graduated at Brown University 

Emma had an amazing acting career, but that didn’t stop her from trying her best academically. She was admitted into Brown University and graduated with a degree in English Literature. Despite the stress of working on the Harry Potter movies, she wanted to feel a sense of academic accomplishment – what an inspiration! 

#3  She is a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador 

In June of 2014, Emma was nominated a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador. She was already famous for her projects that supported sustainability and speeches about equality between sexes. The actress also helped to launch the HeForShe campaign,  that encourages others to also speak up about equality between the sexes.  

#4 She is never afraid to speak her mind 

Emma speaks out about causes that are important to her without fear of consequences or of what people may think. Her bravery and passion is definitely something to model. 

#5 She has an online book club 

At the begging of 2016, Emma created an online book club, the “Our Shared Shelf“. The book club began when the actress decided to hear the ideas of other people and share with them what she was learning at the time she was at Brown.  

Every month, Emma chooses a book (that she still haven’t read) and the club members have 30 days to read it. After that period, a discussion is initiated at a forum in the Goodreads website. 

#6 She loves her fans  

Emma was the march cover of Vanity Fair and spoke up about her relationship with the fans. The British actress also explained why she doesn’t like to take selfies, which is very special: “For me, it’s the difference between being able to have a life and not. If someone takes a photograph of me and posts it, within two seconds they’ve created a marker of exactly where I am within 10 meters. They can see what I’m wearing and who I’m with”, she said.  

“I’ll say, ‘I will sit here and answer every single Harry Potter fandom question you have but I just can’t do a picture’ ”—and much of the time people don’t bother”, she completed. 

#7 She is a fashion icon 

Are we the only ones who wants to steal Emma’s wardrobe? Her looks choices are classy and stylish. Whether she is promoting a movie or delivering a powerful speech at the UN, Emma Watson goes about everything with immense grace and style. No wonder Buzzfeed has declared her to be the “most flawless woman of the decade”. 

#8 Her movies are the best 

Emma starred “Harry Potter”, “The Bling Ring”, “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”, “The Circle” and “Beauty and the Beast”. Enough said.   

#9 She loves Disney and plays the role of our favourite princess 

Emma is a fan of Disney and revealed that playing the role of Belle in the live action of “Beauty and the Beast” was a dream come true for her – as she was a big fan of the animated film as a child.  

Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows. 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.