This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Stuck at home, nothing to do, and I bet you have already binge-watched every TVshow on streaming platforms. But there are so many reality shows that we often don’t even know exist, right? So here are some tips about the best reality shows available on streaming.

“Queer Eye”

If you want a real feel-good type of show, this is the one for you!

Maybe the original series “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” rings a bell to you, but this is more of a deep version of the initial show. In it, 5 gay guys (the Fab Five) take over a person’s (“hero”) life for a week and help them make it better.

They also deal with a lot of different people and different beliefs, creating an atmosphere of true apprenticeship between the Heroes and the Fab Five. The responsible for the makeovers are the food and wine specialist Antoni Porowski, the interior designer Bobby Berk, the grooming consultant Jonathan Van Ness, the fashion designer Tan France and the culture expert Karamo Brown — who always ends up making someone cry (or everyone). 

“Queer Eye” is available on Netflix.

“Next In Fashion”

This is a really fun one!

Hosted by Tan France (the fashion expert from “Queer Eye”) and Alexa Chung (the worldwide known model), “Next In Fashion” is a competition show filled with talents. It follows designers from around the world as they compete for the chance to win $250,000 and debut a collection on luxury fashion retailer site Net-a-Porter.

So, as you might expect, this one of those very compelling shows in which you can’t pick only one contestant to root for since they’re all amazing. 

“Next In Fashion” is available on Netflix.

“Glow Up”

Just like “Next In Fashion”, this is a competition reality show, but it’s not about fashion. In this captivating show, contestants go against each other by creating the craziest and most amazing makeup looks out there and the winner gets a contract with a leading makeup artist. 

I highly recommend this one, simply because it’s such a beautiful and underrated form of art. Besides that, the challenges along the episodes get more and more exciting as the number of contestants gets smaller, creating that feeling of wanting to watch on. 

“Glow Up” is available on Netflix.

“Blown Away”

Have you ever heard of glass blowing? Don’t worry, I hadn’t either. 

This show is all about this crazy form of art that defies some natural principles. In it, glass blowers go head to head for the prize: a $60,000 prize and an artist residency at the Corning Museum of Glass.

The “Blown Away” contestants are extremely talented and they really leave the people watching the show blown away by their artistry, which also deals a lot with identity. By the end of the seasons, you’ll find yourself wanting to learn more about this often forgotten practice of glass sculpting.

“Blown Away” is available on Netflix.

“Making The Cut”

If you know “Project Runway”, this show might hit close to home for you. 

Hosted by Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn, “Making the Cut” is a competition reality show in which a group of designers goes head to head in New York, Paris, and Tokyo to bring their brands to a new level.

This show will leave you fascinated by the contestants’ talents and abilities. It only has one season out and fans are hoping for it to be renewed, but don’t let that get in the way! The first season is amazing and really captivates whoever watches it. 

“Making The Cut” is available on Amazon Prime.

“Masterchef”

I get you probably know this one, right? 

“Masterchef” is a cooking reality show that puts contestants against each other in various challenges to win the grand prize. The show has different branches: the main series with amateur chefs: the one with actual chefs, called “The Professionals”; and “Junior”, which is all about children who are extremely talented as well.

So maybe if you like cooking or if you’re a food enthusiast, go watch this great show. Who knows, you can even learn how to cook some of the sophisticated things they do.

“Masterchef” is available on Amazon Prime Video.

“Keeping Up With The Kardashians”

“Keeping Up With The Kardashians” is another very well-known reality show, also a target for a lot of memes on the internet.

As the name implies, the show focuses on the personal and professional lives of the Kardashian-Jenner family members. Drama, shock, and comedy are some of the things that happen in this long-lasting show. Throughout the eleven seasons, the family grows together, each one of them taking their paths and growing as people.

If you’re looking for some fun and shallow drama, this is definitely the one to go for.

“Keeping Up With The Kardashians” is available on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.

Shark Tank Brasil

“Shark Tank” is originally a North American reality show that gained its Brazilian version in 2016. 

In each episode, some entrepreneurs present their business and ideas to the investors (“Sharks”), that decide if they want or not to invest in it. At the end of the presentation, each Shark gives their opinion, bringing out relevant questions to be thought before deciding what the verdict is. The brazilian Sharks are João Appolinário, Cristiana Arcangeli, Robinson Shiba, Sorocaba, Carlos Wizard Martins and Camila Farani.

Shark Tank is a very compelling show because of its amplitude. It’s also really nice to see how devoted the entrepreneurs are to their projects, sometimes even moving.

It is available on Amazon Prime Video.

——————–

The article above was edited by Rafaela Bertolini.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Maria Leite

Casper Libero '23

Just a curious journalism student looking forward to learning more and writing stories that could entertain and help others :)