food network kitchen
food network kitchen

#7 Vegan Desserts Recipes To Enjoy Easter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Easter has arrived, and on this special day, special plates must be served! When it is time to celebrate life, even people who aren’t vegan should consider to not collaborate with an industry that causes pain to the animals. Thinking of incorporating that to the sweetest time of the year, you will learn, with this gastronomic report, some of the best ideas of vegan desserts recipes to serve on this holiday.

Check it out!

Vegan chocolate

Ingredients:

1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon raw cacao butter

3 tablespoons maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt

1/2 cup cacao powder

You can add if you want to improve the recipe:

1/4 roasted nuts

Crackers

Freeze-dried fruit

Use your imagination to create!

Preparation:

Prepare your chocolate molds or a small baking tray.

Line a baking sheet (or dish) of choice with parchment paper. It is ideal for the dish to be very narrow as it will result in a better thickness. Set aside.

Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and place either a fitted glass (or ceramic) bowl or another smaller pot over the water.

Add the cacao butter and let it slowly melt, mixing often.

Once the cacao butter has melted remove the upper bowl or pot and set it onto a potholder on the counter.

Whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth. Using a fine-mesh strainer, sift in the cacao powder. Whisk again until uniform and smooth.

Pour the melted chocolate into the molds or the lined baking tray. Smooth it out with a spatula and sprinkle any additional ingredients on top.

Pop the molds or tray mixture into the refrigerator or freezer for about 10-15 minutes to set.

Coconut delight with red fruit sauce

Ingredients:

400 ml coconut milk (the purest you can find)

1/2 cup plant milk milk

1 ½ cup of sugar

Grated coconut (quantity according to your taste)

Vegetable oil (to grease the form)

Preparation:

In a saucepan, pour the coconut milk, the plant milk and the

sugar, and cook until the mixture warms up.

After this process, place the grated coconut, and stir

constantly until it thickens.

Place the recipe in a greased pan, and refrigerate for two

hours.

For the sauce:

1 cup blueberries

1 cup raspberry

1 cup blackberry

1/2 cup sugar

Lemon juice (preferably Sicilian)

Preparation:

Put the ingredients in a pan, cook until it boils and then stir for another 5 minutes with the stove off. Note: when using frozen fruits, it is necessary to cook until the water retained in the freeze evaporates.

Take it to freeze.

Unmold the delicacy after two hours, pour the sauce on top and decorate the way you prefer.

Chocolate pudding

Ingredients:

2/3 cup of sugar

¼ cup cocoa powder

3 tablespoons cornstarch

2 ½ cups plant-based milk

2 tablespoons vegan butter

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

a pinch of salt

Cubes of a dairy- free chocolate (optional, for more

creaminess)

A tablespoon of vegan nut butter (optional)

Preparation:

Combine all the ingredients (except de vanilla extract, the butter, the chocolate and the nut butter).

Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly

Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, add the remaining ingredients and whisk for more than 1 minute. It should get thick.

Spoon into individual serving dishes, and chill until serving.

Vanilla cheesecake

Ingredients:

60g dairy-free melted vegan margarine

225g Oreos, finely crushed

3 tubs (170g each) Free From coconut oil alternative to

soft cheese

100g sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

3 sachets (6.5g each) Dr. Oetker Vege-gel (a vegan

alternative to jelly)

100ml plant milk

Preparation:

(For the base):

Grease and line an 18cm loose-based or spring-form cake tin.

Melt the margarine in a small pan. Add the Oreos, mix well and press on the edge of the tin.

Chill this base in the fridge while you make the filling.

(For the filling):

Put the soft cheese alternative in a heatproof bowl with the sugar, plant milk and vanilla extract, and mix with an electric hand whisks until smooth.

Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally with a spatula, then turn off the heat. While it’s heating, put 350ml water into a small saucepan, sprinkle over the vege-gel and mix with a fork until dissolved.

When the soft cheese mixture is warm, heat the gel mixture to boiling point (it will just bubble around the edges) – do not stir. Boil for 1 min without stirring.

Remove from the heat, then gradually pour into the hot cream cheese mix while stirring vigorously with a plastic spatula. As soon as the gel is fully in orporated, working quickly, carefully pour the mixture over the biscuit base.

Chill overnight to set. Remove from the tin, then slice to serve.

Brownies

Ingredients:

1 cup plain flour

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1 cup sugar

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup dairy- free dark chocolate, melted

1 cup nut milk

1/2 cup dairy- free chocolate chips – optional

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)

Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or Parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar and mix.

Add oil, vanilla, melted chocolate and almond milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Add chocolate chips and mix gently.

Transfer this brownie batter to the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Be careful to not overbake it.

Bônus: to a complete easter meal we also separate recipes for appetizer and main course, for you to go beyond the desserts!

Spinach artichoke dip

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups raw cashews

2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton, not canned)

2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)

1 ½ tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar

4 tablespoon nutritional yeast

1 tablespoon paprika

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon onion powder

⅛ tablespoon nutmeg

½ table spoon salt

¼ tablespoon black pepper

3-4 tablespoon low-sodium vegetable broth

1 medium red onion diced

3 medium garlic cloves minced

14 oz cans artichoke hearts (in water) rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped

10 oz bags frozen spinach

Preparation:

Boil the raw cashews in enough water to cover them by 1-inch for 10 minutes and then carefully drain the water out and discard it.

Put the cashews, the coconut milk, the lemon juice, the apple cider vinegar, the nutritional yeast, the paprika, the garlic powder, the onion powder, the nutmeg, the salt and the black pepper into a high-powered blender. Blend on high until the Cashew cream gets smooth and creamy. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.

In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the diced onions in 3-4 tbsp of vegetable broth until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the chopped artichokes and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. You may need to add more broth if the pan gets too dry. Pour the Cashew cream sauce into the pan and stir to combine.

Lastly, stir in the frozen spinach. Stir it together, and let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until the dip is hot and bubbly. The mixture will continue to thicken as it cooks. If it gets too dry, add a little bit more coconut milk to get creamy and saucy.

Serve this dish recipe with dippers, like baby carrots cucumber slices, crackers, celery, broccoli or cauli flower florets.

Creamy mushroom pasta – serves up to two people

Ingredients:

150g pasta

5 medium brown mushrooms

1/2 small onion

1 clove of garlic

100 ml nut milk

1 teaspoon cornstarch

Salt, pepper, soy sauce, parsley and olive oil (quantity according to your taste)

Preparation:

Boil salted water with a drizzle of oil in a large saucepan

Dive the pasta into the boiling water

Slice the mushrooms and wrap them in olive oil, soy sauce and black pepper.

In a large frying pan, place the mushrooms over medium

heat, turning as soon as they brown on one side.

Chop the onion and the garlic and take them to sauté over low heat with a little olive oil.

In the pan with the golden onions and garlics, add the mixture of nutmilk with the dissolved cornstarch, incorporating parsley and black pepper

When the mushrooms are ready, pour the sauce into their frying pan, and mix until it browns. Taste and correct the salt.

Drain the pasta, pour it in the sauce and stir.

Try these recipes, impress your family and friends, and enjoy the best spirit of Easter you’ve ever lived! Besides that, include this bit of veganism in your life it´s never too much.

——————————————–

The article above was edited by Nicoly Bastos.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus at Casper Libero home page for more!

Alyssa Bernardes

Casper Libero '24

são paulo, brazil’. loving communication since the day i was born❤️