photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

7 Indispensable Apps For Those Who Live In São Paulo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

São Paulo is the most populous city in Brazil and one of the most important in Latin America. All this movement makes that it’s inhabitants are always in a frenetic routine and in a more and more agitated rhythm of life. One of the solutions to this is the technology, which can help in the lack of time and in various needs of the day to day.

Image Source: Wikimedia Commons

With that in mind, we have prepared a list with some applications that, once installed, will make life easier for the São Paulo citizen.

1. Trafi

Image Source: Terra

The application displays bus, subways and trains schedules and routes in the city, showing the users which are the best options. It has real-time news, metropolitan and urban transport network map, cycle route map, bus stops, train and subway stations closer to the user’s location. Trafi also works even without an internet connection, allowing to consult the transport timetables and search for public transport routes even without being connected.

• Free

• Android e iPhone (IOS)

2. Glovo

Image Source: Pelando

Newcomer in Brazil, the application promises to deliver “anything.” From pharmacy items, grocery shopping, snacks, restaurant orders and even documents or key home. The price start at R$ 6,90 for simpler orders, and can reach R$ 16,90 in the “courier service” of express mail for delivery of documents and objects. Glovo meets those who want practicality and also those who want to make money making deliveries in the free time.

• Free

• Android e iPhone (IOS)

3. b.pass

Image Source: Beleza de Farmácia

The b.pass is a personal beauty assistant who schedules beauty salons at the user’s closest establishments. To use the platform, just choose the package that you most identify with – you can mark manicure, pedicure, eyebrow or depilation in any partner salon of b.pass.

The client indicates the day and the desired service via WhatsApp or Facebook and the company finds the nearest salon. The monthly subscription plans range from R$ 129,90 to R$ 169,90, depending on the number of services performed.

• Free

• Via Facebook e WhatsApp

4. Peixe Urbano

Image Source: Canal Tech

Peixe Urbano is the largest local e-commerce platform in the country, and seeks to connect people to services with the best cost benefit. Based on user profile and geolocation, the application sends daily notifications of offers. Among the services offered are discounts for cinema, restaurant, show and several other products. The good thing is that everything can be done and bought by the cell phone with just a few touches.

• Free

• Android e iPhone (IOS)

5. Cuponeria

Image Source: Cuponeria

The Cuponeria is a great option for those who love promotions and never misses the opportunity to save money. In addition to restaurants, it’s still possible to take advantage of discount coupons in bars, shops, pharmacies, beauty salons and other services. To use the coupon, choose one of the offers, click on “get coupon”, go to the establishment and present the voucher. The application can also be used in online stores or deliveries.

• Free

• Android e iPhone (IOS)

6. Waze

Image Source: Canal Tech

Waze is an interesting tool for those who drive and search for data on traffic conditions. Different from other apps, it doesn’t always offer the same routes, but rather it relies on and provides routes made by other users, sharing traffic information in real time. In a sort of social network, it allows each person to enter the relevant information they find about a particular place in the traffic, such as a tree fallen in the middle of the road or a hit.

• Free

• Android e iPhone (IOS)

7. Cabify

Image Source: Gazeta do Povo

Cabify connects passengers and drivers through your application. Despite the similarity with uber, in Cabify the price is fixed and determined by the distance traveled in kilometers. The minimum rate is R$ 7, and the price of each kilometer rotated varies between R$ 2 and R$ 3, according to distance. Other functions of the application include the possibility of booking races, saving preferred locations, monitoring in real time and choosing types of vehicles.

• Free

• Android e iPhone (IOS) 

Julia Martins

Casper Libero

Julia Martins is a Journalism student at Cásper Líbero College. She has a passion for having a passion for things, but he admits that music and gastronomy have a special place in them.
Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows.