6 TV Shows That Will Make You Laugh Out Loud

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

You had a hard day at college or work and all you want to do is lay in bed and relax. So instead of breaking your mind watching Black Mirror, why don’t just laugh and get involved with a TV sitcom?

Here’s a list of series that will make your day a little better!

#1 Friends

GIF Source: GIPHY

How can we talk about sitcoms without talking about Friends? The TV series is also known for a lot of people as ‘the best series of all times’, it is iconic and unforgettable. Who never wanted to be Rachel (Jennifer Aniston), Ross (David Schwimmer), Monica (Coutrney Cox), Chandler (Matthew Perry), Joey (Matt LeBlanc) and Phoebe’s (Lisa Kudrow) friend? Of course you have watched at least one episode of this show, it is timeless and the jokes will make you laugh even 14 years after its end.

The actors have a strong chemistry, and the characters are so real that you will identify with one of them (or all of them), with all their real problems, dramas and everything. After all, who never had a friend like Ross, the nerd who everybody loves? Or answered a question in a ironic way like Chandler? Besides that, Friends bring us the most important thing: the true meaning of friendship – with a lot of humor and laughs, surely.

#2 How I Met Your Mother

GIF Source: GIPHY

The series begins in 2030 with Ted Mosby telling his kids how he met their mother, but is not so simple as it seems – since there are nine seasons for the story! Ted (Josh Radnor) is a passionate architect looking for the love of his life, but what make the series hilarious are the situations he and his friends face – the most of them in a bar.

The characters are amazing and as in Friends, you surely will identify with one of them: Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Allison Hanigan) with heir true love story, Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) wanting all the girls in the world and Robin (Cobie Smulders) trying to be a successful journalist. As the years goes by, it is possible to notice how the series matures and the dramas appears, but the comic part is always there. You will love to love all the references on the show, as Robin Sparkles, Slapbet, BroCode, Intervention and so much more!

#3 The Middle

GIF Source: GIPHY

The Middle is not as well known as Friends or HIMYM but you should give a chance to this show! It makes me laugh so hard! We have the Heck family and Frankie Heck (Patricia Heaton) as the protagonist: she’s a good wife and mother of three kids, from middle class, living in the middle of their country and almost in the middle-age.

Her kids made the series even better: Axl (Charlie McDermott) is a lazy and ironic teenager who doesn’t care about anything; Sue (Eden Sher) is always trying to be brilliant at something and even though she is always failing, she keeps trying because she’s optimistic; and Brick (Atticus Shaffler), the younger one (and the best one, in my opinion) and a little bit weird, he is always reading a book and whispering to himself. We also have Mike (Neil Flynn), the father of this family, a man of few words and famous for his honesty.

With a lot of humor, Frankie narrates all the troubles they go through. At a first look, you will think that they are a strange family, but when you know them, you fell in love with the Hecks and laugh along with them – and sometimes, of them.

#4 Modern Family

GIF Source: GIPHY

If you want to laugh until it hurts, Modern Family is the perfect choice for you. A family that is nothing traditional: Jay (Ed O’Neil) is a rich man and father of two (Claire, Julie Bowen, and Mitchell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson), got married with Gloria (Sofia Vergara) and now lives with her and his son Manny (Rico Rodriguez). His older daughter, Claire, is married to Phil (Ty Burrell) and has three kids, the ‘Barbie Girl’ Haley (Sarah Hyland), the nerd Alex (Ariel Winter) and the younger one, who is always in trouble, Luke Nolan Gould). To finish, Mitchell and Cam (Eric Stonestreet) are a gay couple that adopted a little girl, Lily (Aubrey Anderson).

All the characters have strong particularities and you will copy the personality of your favorite one without even noticing! The TV show talks about important issues and themes in a light and fun way. Also, there is the ”interview/documentary way”, in the middle of every episode the characters make comments about what happened, it makes the show even more better! Last but not least, it has Sofia Vergara and she is a good enough reason for you to watch it.

#5 That ‘70s Show

GIF Source: GIPHY

The show begins in 1976 (but it was recorded between 1998 and 2006), showing the daily routine of six friends: the nerd Eric (Topher Grace), the pretty but also a little bit rude neighbor Donna (Laura Prepon), the handsome and silly boy Kelso (Ashton Kutcher), the rich girl Jackie (Mila Kunis), the typical rebel Hyde (Joey Zimmerman) and the exchange student Fez (Wlider Valderrama), who are going through youth’s situations and problems. Without the internet, their routine is based on being on Eric’s basement to talk, listen to music, laugh and try to steal some beer.

Just because it happens in the 70’s, the series already worth it! It is a memorable decade, wide and colorful clothes, the hippie lifestyle, Led Zeppelin, Star Wars, vinyl discs, and so many amazing things marked this time. We can’t forget that Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are on the show, and that was when they met (for whose who don’t know, they are married in real life and have two kids).

#6 Brooklyn 99  

GIF Source: GIPHY

Brooklyn 99 is about a police station’s daily routine, where the detectives works in an unusual way. Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) is the protagonist and a talented detective, but he doesn’t take anything seriously, what bring us funny moments on the show. Things have to change when a new boss arrive and tries to discipline the place and mainly, Peralta. If you’re not convinced already, watch the Halloween episode and you surely will change your mind; FYI: Jake create a game named Halloween Heist and it is repeated in every season, getting funnier and funnier.

Bárbara Moura

Casper Libero '21

Caiçara, nascida e criada em Santos hoje vivo na loucura de São Pauloa atrás do sonho de contar e conhecer novas histórias.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.