6 TV Series to Watch If You Love Fashion As Much As We Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

We are obsessed with fashion and TV shows – a lot of them, literally. What about you? If your answer is yes, this post was made for you!

We listed some of the top TV series of all times that have an amazing combination of fashion, cool characters and a very nice plot. Have a look at our choices and get inspired by them!

#1 Sex and the City

Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) is a fashion icon to all of us! Not only her, but also Charlotte (Kristin Davis), Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) and Samantha (Kim Cattrall). The brain behind the amazing “Sex and the City” wardrobe is the american stylist Patricia Field, that made the materialism a lifestyle for the independent and modern woman. The series is considered the most fashionable show on the history of television – one of its episodes had 10.6 million spectators. 

#2 Carrie Diaries

To continue our “Sex and the City” tribute, let’s talk about the young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb). If you like the 80’s, “The Carrie Diaries” is a must-see TV show! This decade was destined to be about feminine authority, and the young Bradshaw was there to make it happen. Eric Daman was the stylist responsible for all the looks that we saw on the screen. The result was a wardrobe young and full of round skirts, glow and cool t-shirts. And a tip: you can incorporate Carrie’s ideas nowadays, just be sassy! 

#3 Gossip Girl

Who was never inspired by Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) and Serena Van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) wardrobe? The fashion sketch was one of the main characteristics of the series and the responsible for it all was, again, Eric Daman! Serena style was inspired by Kate Moss and Blair’s by Audrey Hepburn. Both of the it girls wore classic and glamorous outfits and made we all sigh for them through the episodes. 

#4 Pretty Little Liars

All of us, in some point of life, wanted to join the group of Aria (Lucy Hale), Emily (Shay Mitchell), Hanna (Ashley Benson) and Spencer (Troian Bellisario). Not for all the secrets they kept or for the problems they get into, but for the amazing clothes they wore. And the best thing is: it has outfits for all kinds of style. If you are athletic, you can inspire yourself on Emily; if you are casual, there is always the Spencer style just waiting for you to copy; if you are girly, Aria is the best call; and if you are a fashionista, Hanna is always there for you. Is there any way not to love this TV show?

#5 The Crown

One of the biggest success of Netflix of 2016 the most expensive series in the history of the streaming service, “The Crown” shows us the life of British royalty and the rise of Queen Elizabeth II (Claire Foy) to the throne. However, the plot is not the only thing that makes us love this series: the figurine is just fabulous. The Crown presents us the elegance of royalty clothes and also the classy details and ornaments surrounding the Queen and her family. With all this fabulous costumes, who does not want to be a queen?

#6 Scandal

We all want to be as classy and elegant as Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington). The crisis manager who runs her own firm, Pope & Associates, is the fashion icon of the series, and is always dressed to kill. From tailleurs to gala dresses, the character is always wearing impressive outfits. Olivia’s wardrobe was such a success that in 2014 the american designer “The Limited” launched inspired by her. The results were articles of clothing such as trench coats, tailleurs, dresses and midi skirts. We want them all!

Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows. 
Laís is a 20 years old girl from São Paulo - Brazil. Journalism student at Casper Libero University and crazy about TV shows, movies, music and fashion. Justin Timberlake and Maroon 5 crazy fan!
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.