This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Everyone loves to have things in the right place, but we all know that sometimes it can be a little hard to maintain the order. During the year, we get tired, tasks seem not to have an end, we get stressed and when we realize, everything’s simply out of control. Knowing that, it’s paramount to start the year at least trying to arrange all your stuff. Since it can be tough to do that all alone, here are some tips to guide you through this organization process!

Image Source: Pixabay 

1. Get a planner

Image Source: Pixabay 

The name says it for itself. A planner is like an agenda, but in the beginning of every month and week you have a whole and clear vision of your calendar, that way i’s better to get organized! A lot of brands have created different kind of planners, and since people are really buying it, it has become too expensive. This year, in Brazil, some brands have launched cheaper versions of it. Tilibra, for example, which is known by their affordable scholar products, has created an entire collection of planners and notebooks. However, if you are a DIY kind of person and really don’t want to spend money with it, or just want to see if you adapt to this kind of agenda, there’s an easier and simpler solution.

Some bloggers display online layouts of planners created by themselves, specially on Pinterest. That way, you can search, find the design you like the most and print it! If you want to add a little more effort to it, you can transform these pages into a binder or even into a spiral notebook! Just go to Pinterest website, login and look up for “free printable planner”.

2. Take notes of everything

Image Source: Pixabay 

I know it seems a little obvious (or not), and I know there are days you just can’t concentrate and pay attention to any class, however, try to write down everything the teacher says inside the classroom. Everyone already passed through the situation of reading a topic added on your notebook and not finding out what it really meant, because you didn’t write down the whole explanation.

To get easier (and decorate your pages), you can use the help of colorful items, such as post its, pens and highlighters. That way, the information gets clearer and you can create a contrast between what is more relevant. This may sound silly, but it makes all the difference when you’re studying or trying to find some piece of information quickly.

3. Set a reminder

Image Source: Pixabay 

If using an agenda or a planner is not enough for you, and at the end of the day you are not as effective as you could be, you should try using an app as a reminder on your cell phone. Trello is a great option, since you can create different folders according to the subject you prefer. The app works as a calendar, but your appointments can be separated by themes, and the best part is that if you enable your notifications, it will work as a reminder and you won’t forget about a thing.

4. Set priorities

Image Source: Pixabay

We all know that sometimes there’s a ton of things to do, we get stressed and it’s hard to know from where to begin. In this kind of situation, the best is to sit down, grab a piece of paper and write. It’s completely painless and it will help you for sure to think about everything you have to do in a day or in a week, stipulate dates and put in order of priority.

5. Disconnect

Image Source: Pixabay 

It’s scary to imagine how much time we spend on our phones everyday, and even scarier to realize how much we could have done if we were disconnected. It’s extremely important to set a time everyday to study, read, work or do whatever you have to, otherwise you will spend all day postponing. If you usually take too long to get everything done, your cell phone may be one of the causes to this lag. Try disabling notifications, putting in airplane mode or even turning it off before starting your work and you’ll see that it’ll be quicker!

6. Organize everything in one place

Image Source: Pixabay 

There’s nothing better to get organized than to separate all your files in folders that you can access from wherever you are. Google Drive is perfect for that kind of situation. You can get all your tests, activities, paper works and even your tasks, create folders, new documents, graphics and even more according to your needs.

Leticia Moreira

Casper Libero '21

Student of journalism São Paulo, Brazil
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.