This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The streaming industry has grown increasingly in the past years, creating not only new TV shows but also a introducing a new way of consuming them. However, watching sitcoms is a form of entertainment born way before that – around the 40s to be more specific – with “Pinwright’s Progress” series by BBC.

Thinking about that, we gathered six TV Shows that aired in television way before Netflix or Amazon Prime Video were born that are still very popular nowadays, even in those platforms! So, check out some shows that had their final episode 10 years ago (or more) and are still a big hit.

Gilmore Girls (2000-2007)

Ok, this one may be a little tricky since a revival has been made in 2016. Nonetheless, the original show, which followed the relationship between the mother and daughter Lolerai and Rory Gilmore, was considered by the Times Magazine as one of the “All-Time 100 TV Shows”. These two incredibly funny women and their complicated professional and love lives might be what makes this show a big success even to this day.

That 70s show (1998-2006)

With eight seasons, this show focused on the lives of six teenage friends in the late 70s’ and was the turning point for actors like Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher and Laura Prepon. Full of nonsense and ironic jokes, That 70s Show managed to keep loyal fans as well as new ones during these 14 years since the last episode aired.

Lost (2004-2010)

Despite the not very pleasant ending for most of the fans, Lost had its final episode aired in 2010 and still is one of the most popular shows ever made by ABC. The plot starts after the survivors of a plane crash fall into an island full of mysteries. Whether it is because of their adventures or the flashbacks from the characters lives before the accident, this TV show is still the object of fan theories around the globe.

Sex & The City (1998-2004)

One could say that this show changed television for its light and fun approach about sex and relationships. Undoubtedly, it gained so many fans and positive critics around the world that it was turned into two films in 2008 and 2010. Carrie, played by Sarah Jessica Parker, and her friends Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda have definitely one of the most popular TV friendships until today.

The O.C (2003-2007)

This show was a part of every 2000s teenager life but still has faithful fans. It all starts when the troublemaker Ryan gets adopted by a rich family from the Orange County, becoming best friends with his now brother Seth and meeting Melissa and Summer. These four friends get into to a lot of problems during the four seasons of the show, including fires, trips and crazy parents. Now, can we all agree that Adam Broody is what made this show so great?

Friends (1994-2004)

We could never leave this show out of this list as it is considered by many the most popular sitcom of all time. Those six friends made everyone who watched the show want to hang out with them at the Central Perk and hear all about their stories. Monica, Chandler, Rachel, Joey, Phoebe and Ross conquered so many fans from different generations that until this day we see their faces in products like t-shirts and cups as well as on the internet.

So, what about binge-watch one of them?

———————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Laura Ferrazzano.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero for more!

Julia Queiroz

Casper Libero '23

Campus Correspondent @ Her Campus at Cásper Líbero. Journalism major, Taylor Swift lover and romance reader. Passionate about writing, telling stories and getting to know the world :)
cuore in allarme journalist, writer, artist and everything else in between ✉ laurapferrazzano@gmail.com