This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you are feeling bored and anxious during quarantine: relax, you are not the only one. The whole situation that we are going through can be quite stressful and agonizing and sometimes we just need to chill out.

Reading a good book can keep us entertained and get our minds out of the pandemic. That’s why we separated six fantasy books that eveyone should read once in a lifetime!

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Get lost in a incredible fantasy land that fascinated (and still does) generations. The Hobbit tells the story of Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit who embarks on a crazy journey with Gandalf, the Wandering Wizard, and the thirteen dwarves to recover a lost treasure. 

People who like fictional stories will probably love The Hobbit, a book that can be read by children and adults.

The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien

This trilogy is a continuation of The Hobbit.

The story takes place in an imaginary time and space — the Third Age of Middle-Earth, inhabited by humans, elves,
dwarves, hobbits and orcs.

The narrative focuses on the conflict between these creatures — who try to prevent the “Ring of Power” from returning to the Dark Lord’s hands — against the orcs.

The Lord of the Rings is an obligatory saga for everyone who enjoys fantasy books, and it’s a good start for the people who are not familiar with this kind of literature.

Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling

In seven books, J.K. Rowling created a complex and brilliant fictional universe which impresses children, teenagers and adults.

The Harry Potter saga is popular all over the world, gaining a huge amount of fans for two decades. The story happens in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where Harry and his friends — Rony and Hermione — live adventures and learn how to become wizards.

The story is so engaging that you will not even notice the time passing.

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

The passionating novel written by Lewis Carroll has conquered fans for over 150 years. The mind-blowing and fascinating story of Alice, a young girl who has been
transported to a magical land with weird creatures, after she fell into a rabbit hole, will make every single reader wants to read more and more.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

This book is the first volume from a trilogy about peculiar children abandoned by their parents in Miss Peregrine’s Home.

The way in which the author constructed these characters, focusing on psychological traits, makes it possible to the reader to create an affective relationship with them.

It is a delicate and delicious narrative that keeps us entertained for hours.

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

You shouldn’t read this saga if you enjoy happy stories. But, hold up, this is not a spoiler! Read the title again!

You are about to enter a series of incidents experienced by Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire — who lost their parents in a fire and now need to deal with Count Olaf, the villain of the story.

The narrative counts with sarcasm and a lot of mysteries, that promise to get you entertained.

———————————————————-

This article was edited by Amanda Oestreich.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Giulia Lozano Pacini

Casper Libero '23

.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.