This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The coronavirus disease has become a pandemic and spread all around the world. Since then, people have been self-isolation in order to protect those who may be more vulnerable to the virus, an essential attitude to prevent COVID-19 from circulating. 

Even though we are all doing this to keep our loved ones safe, it is still hard to stay home. Distracting ourselves is important to stay sane during these chaotic times and one of the best ways to do that is watching our favorite TV Shows. However, if you are still looking for something good to watch at home, here are some amazing shows to binge watch during quarantine! 

Atypical

This Netflix original tells the story of Sam, an autistic boy, who is in the search of love and independence, his sister, Casey, and their parents. This show will make you laugh, cry and fall in love with the Gardner family as you watch their growth and learning, alongside with the difficulties of dealing with autism and balancing their attention with their own issues. There are three seasons available and a fourth and final one coming next year! 

Brooklyn 99

If you haven’t heard of this show yet, it’s time to start paying attention. Brooklyn 99 follows the lives of the employees at the 99th precinct of the New York Police Department (NYPD) and their adventures. Despite being a sitcom, the show talks about important issues such as LGBTQ+ rights, feminism and the fight against racism as its characters bring representation to those movements – plus incredibly funny jokes. If you want to have a good laugh, this show is perfect for you.

Anne with an E

Based on a book from 1908, in this TV show an orphan girl called Anne gets mistakenly adopted by the old couple of siblings Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert. With her imagination and intelligence, Anne ends up making a big impact in the village talking about subjects that weren’t discussed at the time and changing their lives for good. Netflix announced the end of the show with the release of its third season, which made fans around the world start the campaign #SaveAnneWithAnE. Maybe another streaming like Disney+, in the future, may do something about it and continue the production! But for now, we can only hope, right?

One Day at a Time

One Day at a Time is a former Netflix sitcom (it was saved by Pop TV) about the life of a Cuban family living in the United States. This show is not only funny, but it also brings subjects such as anxiety, depression, gender and sexuality as much as the difficulties of being a latin family in Los Angeles. Penelope, a war nurse veteran, Alex and Elena, her children, and Lydia, the grandmother who brought her family to the U.S, are frequently joined by Schneider, a rich Canadian who owns their building and deals with alcoholism. This is a fun and important TV show and the best part of it is getting to watch the amazing Rita Moreno playing Abuelita.

Explained

In this documentary series from Netflix, a different topic is explained in every episode. Narrated by distinct people each time, subjects such as astrology, the world’s water crisis, cryptocurrency, the female orgasm and k-pop have all been described in this show. With around 20 minutes episodes, it is a must watch if you want to get some random, but important, knowledge during quarantine.

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Laura Okida.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Julia Queiroz

Casper Libero '23

Campus Correspondent @ Her Campus at Cásper Líbero. Journalism major, Taylor Swift lover and romance reader. Passionate about writing, telling stories and getting to know the world :)
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.