5 Tips To Keep The Organization In The Second Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Classes just came back and we had to say goodbyes to the holidays. It is very sad to know that tests, jobs, late arrival at home and teachers are back. But we can’t  escape it. The way is to face and move on. Remember that this semester has just four months and they will pass very quickly as soon the holidays are back.

As we are still a little lost and too lazy to engage in studies, it is interesting to follow some tips to help in the organization. This will prevent our business to turn into a snowball and you from getting desperate in a month. So here are five tips to keep your organization in the second semester.

1. Separate the materials used in university

Image Source: Pinterest 

To prevent you from forgetting some book, text, or even your home notebook, make a space in your room to store the materials used in university. So when you need something, you’ll know exactly where you saved it. A good space is in the wardrobe or near the desk. Try to keep the organization of space, otherwise it completely loses its purpose.

2. Make a calendar to don’t forget important dates

Image Source: Pinterest

It’s a problem when you don’t write the important dates because surely you will forget that delivery in a month. It’s a headache you can avoid. To prevent that, make it a habit to record test dates, work deliveries, and other important activities. If you prefer to write the things in the paper, invest in an diary, notebook or planner. This is the most traditional method of organizing and not forgetting dates. Make the chosen object your best friend.

If you are more modern and don’t have the patience to write on paper, there are several digital methods to not forget anything. Your phone even has the app “calendar” or “reminders” (for those who have iPhone), both with the possibility to program for a particular day and time. That way, you will be notified when that wind arrives.

Another option is to use Google Calendar. Like mobile apps, it notifies your events and can be linked to your smartphone’s calendar. The days are organized by time, so you just have to name the event and determine the time of the notification. One advantage is that you can make a group calendar, so you and your friends will remember the dates together.

If you don’t like any of the options above, that’s okay. Today there are already several cool agenda app available. Look for some in the App Store or Play Store that suit you.

3. Summarize the texts and contents of the classes

Image Source: Pixabay

To summarize is a very annoying thing to do and takes up a lot of time of your day, but it works, especially for texts. So, as the tests are approaching, start a few days earlier to summarize that content as it will help you a lot to study. If the content is extensive, do a study group and share the roles with your friends. Then you just come together to study everything. You will notice that this method of study works.

4. List your study priorities

Image Source: Pixabay

It’s normal for us to just want to study the coolest subjects, but usually there are the ones who least need note. That is why it is important to list your study priorities. Give preference to those more difficult subjects with a lot of content, because they will probably require more dedication and study time. The cooler disciplines you will get to go through with much less effort then may be put in second place. At the end of the semester your bulletin will thank you for your dedication.

5. Use the free time to study on the bus and subway

Image Source: Pinterest 

Many people don’t like to study on public transportation because of the noise and quantity of people, but it’s a great way to get busy. We usually spend at least one hour traveling around the city and studying is a way to take advantage of this wasted time. If you have difficulty concentrating, put the headset on and try to focus on the text only. Your weekend will be much freer if you can advance your studies on public transportation. 

I hope you don’t get lost and have a great semester :)

I'm a Journalism student at Casper Libero University and intend to be a great professional in the field. But while that does not happen, I spend my time writing texts, dreaming of success, gossiping with my friends and watching Netflix. I've lived in São Paulo my whole life, but I can't wait to travel the world. I have a big passion for movies, pop culture, books and pink. If you see me around, talk with me about movie premiere, new series or gossip. What Can I do? I'm Gemini and I can't control my communicative and curious side.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.