photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

5 Reasons To Watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

1. The cast is awesome

First of all, the cast has diversity: with Latinos, LGBT and black characters, the TV show is successful on representing minorities. Also, every character has their own story with difficulties behind the police-life, showing to the viewers how their routines are besides the busy work. They are so different and at the same time you feel empathy for everyone.

2. The TV show has a lot of references

You can find many references in Brooklyn Nine-Nine: series, songs, artists, movies… Basically, in each episode you will see a pop culture reference, which is, in my opinion, the best part because it’s very smart to use this kind of humor. Famous people also participate on some episodes, like Adam Sandler and Neil de Grasse Tyson.

Image Source: Pinterest​

3. Halloween

Every season has a Halloween episode, which is a GREAT reason to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine because they are pretty epic. The costumes, jokes and the plot are different of everything you have ever seen before.

Image Source: Terra

4. They deal with important subjects

The TV show brings important themes like sexism, racism and the corruption inside the police. It also makes hard critics about violence with acid humor. For example, Captain Raymond Holt is black and gay so his journey to become a captain was full of prejudice. Amy Santiago and Rosa Diaz are Latin-Americans and they are both women inside a sexist job. Brooklyn Nine-Nine shows how representativeness is important.

5. Short episodes

The episodes are short and funny. You can watch during lunch time or at the subway, even the longest trip gets more exciting and goes quickly while you watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Image Source: Pinterest

apaixonada por cinema e pizza.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.