5 Pieces of Clothing that Every Girl that Lives in São Paulo Should Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

People who live in São Paulo know it: the weather here is crazy! You start the day with coats and socks because it’s so cold. Then, near lunch time, the sun is so hot that you feel like taking it all off. By night time, the cold (and coats) are back. This means you need to get out of your house with an outfit that can go from cold to hot to cold again.

Also, we all know that this city is absolutely crazy: lots of people and cars take the streets everyday, which means that taking the bus or the subway is part of our routine. We leave our houses in the morning and, after a busy day of studies and internship, we come back home really tired. From this situation which we are so used to, we listed (five) pieces of advice clothing and we can assure: they’ll be very helpful!

1. A denim jacket

Even during summer, some places have air conditioning that turns them into Alasca. To handle that, a denim jacket is always a good idea. It’s not that warm, but it keeps us from the wind and it is a girl’s best friend while facing the air conditioning. In the begining of the day and night, it’s also pretty useful!

2. Nice flats

Taking the subway and buses is a routine for most people who live in the largest latin-american city. With such an intense traffic, a lot of us prefer to use public transportation than driving a car. Because of that, it is a good idea to have a good and confortable pair of flats, that will make that mission a lot easier. Oxfords, sneackers, flip-flops: no matter what you choose, they’ll be your companions.

3. A good and big purse

In order to carry all sorts of things that you might need during a day in this complicated city – sunglasses, umbrellas, the jacket mencioned above, a make-up bag and the list goes on – you’ll find it necessary to have a bag with enough space to keep all those itens.

4. A nice scarf

Scarves are a girl’s best friend! They can help you accessorize your look, by adding a touch of color, but they become a great accessory when they help you getting warm, also working as a third very charming piece. If it’s too warm to use it, you can tie it to your bag, just like the girl in this pic:

5. A pretty dress

Imagine something that can be wore with all of the itens above. A pretty, sleeveless or short-sleeved dress, will help you in any season. Combine with a sandal, and you have a summer look. Top it with a denim jacket, tights and a scarf, and there you have it: a winter look.

Juliana Cunha

Casper Libero

Juliana is a19 years old Journalism student at Cásper Líbero, working at L'Officiel Brasil. Passionate about literatura, fashion, politics and her favorite city, where she had the luck to be born and raised: São Paulo. She's also a music and coffee lover <3 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.