This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

When we think about series from the last century, Friends may be the first (and sometimes the only) example that comes in our minds. The American television sitcom was originally released in 1994, and aired for 10 years in television. It tells the stories about a group of six friends in Manhattan and its up and downs. Friends was a huge success and its loyal fans still watch the episodes over and over.

However, like the famous sitcom, there are many other amazing and interesting TV series to watch on a lazy Sunday. Check out our recommendations below!

5 Old TV Series You Should Definitely Watch

#1 Seinfeld

Image Credit: IMDb

Released in 1989, this American television sitcom is commonly compared to Friends. It’s also a comedy that revolves in New York City, where Jerry Seinfeld, the main character, lives and works as a stand-up comedian. The series features some of his friends: his ex-girlfriend Elaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), the neighbor Cosmo (Michael Richards) and his best friend George (Jason Alexander). The show presents many aspects of their daily life, usually inspired by the life of the author, whose surname was also used as the title of the sitcom. With 9 seasons, Seinfeld was widely watched in the 90’s.

#2 Sabrina, The Teenage Witch

Image Source: IMDb

Sabrina, The Teenage Witch is an American sitcom very famous in the 90’s and in the beginning of 2000. It tells the story of a girl named Sabrina (Melissa Joan Hart), who finds out that she has incredible powers when she turns 16. The TV show, released in 1996, is based on the series Archie Comics. The episodes, divided in four seasons, mixes daily events of a teenage life with magic and drama. It also makes the viewers laugh, mostly when Sabrina’s cat, named Salem, makes its appearance and starts talking.

#3 Beverly Hills, 90210

Image Credit: IMDb

This American teen drama originally aired from 1990 to 2000. It belongs to a franchise that produced four other series around the same plot: a group of friends living in the star’s community of Beverly Hills. The episodes follow their transition from high school, college and, finally, the grown-up world. The first season had low rates and the series gained more popularity in 1991. This TV show is highly recommended to everyone who enjoys drama and the confusion of growing up: if you like Gossip Girl, you’ll love to watch this West Coast show.

#4 ER

Image Credit: IMDb

If you’re obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy and you have never heard of ER, you might give it a try. This series, released in 1994, revolves around the hospital’s emergency room atmosphere. With 15 seasons, this American medical drama follows the struggles of a fictional Chicago Hospital’s ER and it was created by the doctor and novelist Michael Crichton.

#5 Buffy, The Vampire Slayer

Image Credit: IMDb

This last recommendation is dedicated to all Vampire Diaries’ fans. Buffy, The Vampire Slayer brought the supernatural theme to television in the 90’s, and has a film that was released in 1992. The main character Buffy (Sarah Michelle Geller) is one of the women chosen to fight evil: the vampires. She is stronger and faster than average women at her age and has many other superpowers, which will fascinate you during the series. The episodes were shot in California and are divided in 7 seasons.

Bárbara Gaspar

Casper Libero

Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.