5 Non-Famous Songs To Get To Know The Arctic Monkeys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

With the upcoming Brazilian edition of the Spanish music festival, Primavera Sound, we got to have access to several well-named and long-awaited artists. On the list, we can count on Travis Scott, Lorde, Mitski, along with one of the most acclaimed British rock bands in the world: the Arctic Monkeys. It is a fact that everyone is excited about their comeback as well as the release of the new album that is foreseen to be released later this year.

On last year’s November 12th, the drummer Matt Helders said in an interview for the Radio 5 Live Breakfast that the record is “pretty much” ready and that the band is preparing to launch the new era in 2022: “I think by the time we get everything together it’ll be next year. Hopefully we can get out and tour next summer”, he explains.

With that in mind, we selected 5 non-famous songs to get to know the band better before the arrival of Primavera Sound and the album release. Do you really wanna know other fantastic songs from this group? Then I wanna be your guide to get to know the Arctic Monkeys better!

#1. Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You

“Open Sesame!” Starting with the third song of the fifth Arctic Monkeys’ studio album, AM, “Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You” has to be one of the most underrated songs of this band. Using the unique and addicting indie rock style, they managed to create almost another dimension that you can go through while listening to it. It’s perfect to dedicate to that special someone you wanna get off with and can’t stop thinking about in the middle of the night.

#2. Knee socks

Following the Arctic Monkeys’ vibing and sensual way to tell a story, “Knee Socks” flows especially by the rhythm of guitar slides. The falsettos in the background increment the melody and make it impossible not to be inspired in order to shake your head or move your feet while it plays. This song will for sure cure your “January blues” – and honestly the remaining blues of the whole year.

#3. Snap Out Of It

With more of a pop thematic side, “Snap Out Of It” will literally grab the shoulders of the romantic ones on duty and shake them. This song was made for those who don’t necessarily believe in the “happily ever after” type of love. The radical and upbeat tune along with Alex Turner’s vocals leads you to feel hypnotized as if you were literally under a spell – much like falling in love.

4. Fireside

Iconic and nostalgic are the best words to describe the, by far, most melancholic song from the AM record. “Fireside” has the typical sort of lyrics that makes anyone relate in their own personal way. The hurting atmosphere hits the listener like an enveloping cold wave from the open sea. For those who were “mistaken” about a specific person, don’t worry cause this song will for sure be yours forever.

5. ARABELLA

The modern and mindless energy of teenage love is precisely what makes “Arabella” so memorable. This is the type of song that makes you wanna go on a motorcycle trip, wearing a leather jacket with dark sunglasses, accompanied by your Arabella as she smokes a cigarette right beside you. Just like her, this music “might have tapped into your mind and soul” but… Well, you know the rest.

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Rafaela Bertolini.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Marcela Abreu

Casper Libero '24

My name is Marcela and I'm a student at Cásper Líbero. I'm a bookstan, writing lover and fond of history who loves meet new people and their unique adventures.