This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The last year and the current 2021 have both been really rough on so many levels. During the covid-19 pandemic and lockdown, a lot of families are not only fighting the disease itself but also the hunger. Since the numbers of unemployment has increased, the number of families struggling to afford two meals a day is also growing. 

If your condition allows you to, here are some organizations that you can collaborate with and help those who are in need:

Amigos do Bem

It started in 1993 as a small group of friends committed to fight poverty. Today they are one of the biggest brazilian projects attending to about 75.000 people located in Alagoas, Pernambuco and Ceará. Their work is based on fighting hunger and unshelterness and promoting education.

If you’d like to donate or learn more about the project, go to their website.

Capacita-me

Under the leadership of the executive Rachel Maia, the institute gives free training for those who are unemployed and raises funds to fight hunger in São Paulo’s suburbs.

If you’d like to donate tou can check it here.

Articulação de Povos Indígena

Besides doing a detailed analysis about the impact of coronavirus on the natives communities, the organization provides inputs and develops strategies to help them to get through the pandemic.
If you’d like to donate or learn more, do it here.

Fundo de Solidariedade para as Famílias Sem Teto

The MTST organization will build 16 kitchens around 11 brazilian cities following the project called “Cozinha Solidária” (Solidarity Kitchen). The main goal is to allow every family in a vulnerable situation to have at least one meal a day.

If you can collaborate, make your donation.

Mães de Favela – CUFA

The project consists in supporting brazilian mothers who are exposed to the covid’s vulnerability, struggling to keep their family secure and still have food on the table. It’ll be given basic-needs grocery packages to those strong women in need.

If you’d like to help, click here.

You can also find more about the organization in their Instagram.

—————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Beatriz Cristina.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

18 years old journalism student