This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The time when it was kind of an impossible mission to take care of curly hair is gone. Now there are a range of products and techniques people can use to make their curly hair even more beautiful. If you are part of the curly team, here are some must-have products for you:  

1. Leave-in

Image Source: Naturally Curly

It’s the most traditional product to keep the hair hydrated and modeled in the way you want after the wash – and you don’t need to wash it again to take the product off. If you like very defined curls, try to use a specific leave-in for it. If you prefer a more bulkier hair, there are also products for that. One of the secrets for achieving the dream’s curls is using the right leave-in and knowing the techniques that better work in your hair when spreading the product.

2. Moisturizing Mask

Image Source: Elle

The function of these products is to keep your hair hydrated and shiny. You just gotta use the mask in your curls after washing them and leave it acting for a few minutes. Then, you need to take the product off your hair. After that, just apply the leave-in and enjoy your beautiful curls. The frequency of this ritual will depend on the dryness of your hair, but the ideal is at least once a week.

3. Day After Spray

Image Source: Seda

It’s not good for the health of your curls to wash them with shampoo every day. It takes off the hydration of your hair and makes them dry. So, a good option to keep your curls beautiful and in the right place is using sprays for the day after the washing. You just gotta apply it in your hair and knead the curls to reactive them. The good news is that you don’t need to buy it. You can make the product at your house, there are a lot of tutorials on the internet teaching how to create your own spray.   

4. Diffuser Hair Dryer

Image Source: Dicas de Mulher

If you’ve ever tried to wash your hair using the dryer, you probably know that you don’t have the best curls of the world after doing that. The hair tends to be dryer, frizzy and opaque. If after an experience like that you are avoiding this equipment and going out of your house with wet hair, here is an alternative for you: diffuser hair dryer. It will define and dry your curls without compromising its brightness.

5. Satin pillowcase

Imge Source: Ali Express

Another way to avoid frizzy and undefined hair is using a satin pillowcase. It’s less aggressive for the strands of your hair than the common pillowcases. You can use your hair completely loose or keep it tied up in the top of your head so that your curls won’t be marked by the hair clip.  

Now that you have some tips, walk the runway with wonderful curls and nail it!

a heart moved by art
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.