This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Who doesn’t’ love watching transformations and makeovers that blow our minds? Shows that give people the change to achieve their goals and change their lives completely is one of the most entertaining things we can watch! Although there are a lot of these shows that can be very disrespectful with the participants, here are some tips of the bests makeover shows for you to watch without any guilt! 

1. Queer Eye 

Image Source: IMDb

The reboot of the famous TV show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy that’s now on Netflix follows five gay men, Antoni Porowski, Bobby Berk, Karamo Brown, Jonathan Van Ness and Tan France, specialists in different areas like fashion, design, culture, food and style, on the mission of using their knowledge to help people regain their confidence and pleasure in life. The Fab Five, as they are known, take care of bringing back the participant’s self esteem and open their minds to new things. This is a perfect show if you want to laugh and get emotional at the same time!

2. The Great Interior Design Challenge

Image Source: IMDb

Firstly presented by Tom Dyskhoff and tasks judged by Daniel Hopwood and Sophie Robinson, this series look forward finding the “Britain’s best amateur interior designers”. In each episode we see a new location with a different architecture and learn about the participants. They have the challenge to makeover a room for their client and also have a new additional task like as the upscaling of an old item.

3. Flip or Flop

Image Source: IMDb

Tarek and Christina are real estate agents that flip houses in California. They purchase old houses and give it a completely makeover, renovating it to make it perfect. They re-sell it afterwards for a profit, some times they get more money and sometimes they lose it, meanwhile, the viewer can get some informantion and learn new things about home design and business. 

4. What Not To Wear

Image Source: IMDb

The fashionists Stacy London and Clinton Kelly surprise someone indicated by their family and friends and offers them some money to buy new clothes in order to change their closet. They even get the chance to learn more about makeup and the transformation includes changing their hairstyle!

5. How Do I Look?

Image Source: YouTube

In this show, the participant receives an entire new closet by their choice and some tips from Jeannie Mai, a great and famous stylist, and two other friends that the participant chooses. They also get to choose what they like the most and tell the viewer their opinion about fashion and style. 

Giovanna Favero

Casper Libero '21

Journalism student from Sao Paulo, Brazil. Constantly finding herself, telling stories and fighting for a better and equal world.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.