5 Life Lessons That We Learned With Hermione Granger In Harry Potter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Hermione Granger has inspired a lot of girls all around the world. This witch is so much more than Harry’s friend or Ron’s love interest. Furthermore, how they would have survived seven books and eight movies without her? Keep reading to find out all the life lessons we can learn with Hermione.

She is loyal

“Books! And cleverness! There are more important things: friendship and bravery.”

Hermione was extremely loyal. She never left Harry and Ron by themselves, and was always there for them. In Deathly Hallows, she had to deal with a broken heart after erase herself from her parents memories and with the fact that Ron had abandoned their mission. But she was all the time supporting Harry. After that, she even handled with Bellatrix torturing her, but did not give up her friends.

She is brave

Hermione fights for what she believes. After the Quidditch World Cup, Hermione started to think about the injustice in the treatment of house-elves and after that the S.P.E.W (Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare) was created. The organization founded by Hermione aimed to give the house-elves the same rights as wizardkind. 

In the Prisoner of Azkaban’s story she made everything she could to save both Sirius and Buckbeak, even putting herself in danger to save them. A couple of years later, she had the idea to create Dumbledore’s Army and teach defensive spells to her friends. Hermione let Harry lead the Army, but it was all her idea. 

She shows that a girl can do whatever she wants to 

“You really are the brightest witch of your age”. Hermione is one of the most empowered feminine characters in the universe of sagas and proves that a girl can do whatever she wants to do. As Rony says in The Deathly Hallows, they would not last two days without her. She shows a lot of times that is a truly heroine, being essential in the life of the male friends, Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley.

She is a leader, always imposing her ideas and opinions, showing that a girl can have a voice. Hermione is also very independent, being the most responsible for making her romance with Rony happens. 

She is not ashamed of where she came from

Called “mudblood” for her parents not coming from the wizard’s world, Hermione never seemed ashamed of the unfortunate nickname. Otherwise, she always defends her family and makes them proud. Even when Bellatrix tortures her, writing the word in her arm, she sticks to her values.

In the Prisoner of Azkaban she punches Draco Malfoy in the face for calling her like that again, and the entire saga shows that a “mudblood” can get anywhere and become such an amazing witch. It doesn’t matter where she came from, it matters where she gets.

She is fearless

Hermione had goals and always worked hard to achieve them. Her most striking feature is definitely being a great genius and being fearless to achieve this. She pushes herself to be the best student at all the classes, always with a book on her hands. 

She challenged herself a lot, like when use a time-turner to watch all the possible classes. Her efforts to be smart also helped with all the issues that appeared during the saga, besides saving everyone from the biggest dangers. 

The last but not the least, the most valuable lesson we learned with Hermione: it’s leviOsa, not leviosA!

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Mel Trench

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Beatriz Moraes

Casper Libero '22

Journalism student
Nicoly Bastos

Casper Libero '22

Student at Casper Líbero who loves writing and hope to help world become a better place with it❤️ Instagram: @nic_bastos
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.