etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Cool and Unlike Places to Take Your Parents in São Paulo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

We separated five (and a bonus) amazing places for you to spend some quality time with your parents. Check it out!

Eataly

A place that values the most perfect combination, Italy and eating its amazing food. This place is an unconventional Italian restaurant because your family will have the opportunity to divulge, buy and learn about italian food. With 3 floors that offer cooking classes, 6 restaurants, coffee, a market, gelatto and even a nutella bar, this program will definitely leave you satisfied!

Address: Pres. Juscelino Kubitschek Avenue, 1489 – Itaim Bibi, São Paulo

Craft Fair at the Paulista Avenue

Under the Museum of Art of São Paulo, the small fair happens every Sunday from 10 AM to 17 PM. You will find antiques, decoration objects, rare collection items and more. This is a different shopping experience you can have with your mom and dad in São Paulo, and if you have more time you can also go over and check out the Museum and other cool activities that go around the Avenue, which is open for public walking on Sundays!

Address: Paulista Avenue, 1578 – Bela Vista, São Paulo

Bardega

They took the wine out of the cellar and put it in a bar! You and your folks are big wine lovers? Then this is the place to be in São Paulo. In the bar you can buy and taste wines from all over the world without having to step out of the big city. With more than 110 different bottles, if you are looking to have good wine and a good time with your parents, this is the place.

Address: Dr. Alceu de Campos Rodrigues Street, 218 – Itaim Bibi, São Paulo

A Broadway Musical

The perks of being in a big city is the diverse cultural attractions it offers, the musicals that are produced here are truly spectacular and entertaining. The Phantom of the Opera is the second most successful entertainment production on Broadway history and is currently playing from every Wednesday to Sunday in the Renaut Theater. Buy it here.

Bike Tour

If you and your family are looking for a different way to explore the city, a bike tour is an amazing option where you can do just that. The tour is in groups of 15 with 2 guides and audio equipment that will tell you the history of the places you go through. It’s free, can include little kids and has many options of different neighborhoods you can tour in.

Book at: https://www.biketoursp.com.br

BONUS: The History

Now if your mom and dad are the life of the party and love a throwback then you should accompany them to this disco club. With DJs who play music from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and themed performances with covers like Freddy Mercury and Brittney. You should definitely take them here to have fun at a place of their age!

Address: Gomes de Carvalho Street, 820 – Vila Olímpia, São Paulo

happy, outgoing and a journalism student! for any contact: juliana.r.florido@gmail.com
Camille Carboni

Casper Libero '19

Senior at Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism and Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus. Proudly a cat person, tea and french desserts addicted and specially in love with cinnamon. Deeply crazy about maps and everything travel related, so if you wanna catch my attention, you should know airports will always be my favorite places on earth.