girl lounging relax 3
girl lounging relax 3
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus

5 Books That Are Becoming Movies In 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

How about taking advantage of the quarantine period to increase your list of “read in 2020”? That way, you will have the chance to watch some movie adaptations throughout the year!

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Artemis Fowl is a book series written by Eoin Colfer. The story is about Artemis Fowl, a 12 years old boy, who has a high IQ. The kid is the only heir of the Fowl family, known for cheating.

The boy wants to take the fortune of his family back, after his dad’s mysterious disappearance. However, his plan may turn the world into a war between species.  

The movie is directed by Kenneth Branagh and produced by Walt Disney and it will probably be available in May.

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

The Secret Garden is getting a new adaptation this year (the first one was made in 1983), directed by Marc Munden and produced by Paris Films. 

The book by Frances Hodgson Burnett tells a story about a little orphan girl called Mary, who is going to live with her uncle after her parents died. Living now in a big mansion, she and her cousin start to unravel family mysteries. Later, she discovers a huge garden, with lots of different plants.

“After Series”: After We Collided by Anna Todd

The second book of the “After” series also is going to have an adaptation this year. After We Collided tells the story of Tessa, a pure eighteen girl, and Hardin, the rebel punk guy. Both fell in love and are living a complicated relationship. After the events of the first book, Tessa and Hardin try to overcome the challenges of their relation. 

The movie is directed by Roger Kumble and its premiere is scheduled for May. The cast stays the same with actress Josephine Langford as Tessa Young and Hero Fiennes-Tiffin as Hardin Scott.

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

The sequence of the book “Murder on the Orient Express” by Agatha Christie will be made into movie this year. 

The book “Death on the Nile” is about a honeymoon cruise trip by the Nilo lake, where a rich woman, Linnet Ridgeway, is killed. At the cruise, almost all the passengers had a reason to want her death. 

An investigation to find the killer starts, while more deaths happen.

It will be directed by Kenneth Branagh, who is also in the movie with Gal Gadot and Letitia Wright. Scheduled for October of this year.

The Woman In The Window by A. J. Finn

Dr. Anna Fox is an alcoholic woman who lives alone in an apartment in New York. She spends most of her days drinking wine, watching old movies and spying on her neighbors. When the Russells move in to the house across the park, Anna starts spying on, what she called, a “perfect family”. One day, she sees something that terrifies her and changes her whole life.

The thriller movie will be directed by Joe Wright and is scheduled to May of this year. 

Enjoy your time at home reading all of these books before they turn into a movie!

——————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Amanda Oestreich. 

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

She's 20, survives every morning after a big cup of coffee. Loves pets more than humans and in her free time, she just goes around with a camera, taking pictures of whatever she sees.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.