This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

I think we can all agree that Netflix is amazing. The innovative media platform not only makes it easy to find many of the most popular movies and TV shows of all time and play them on demand (whenever, wherever), but also produces its own series and films. Here are a few of their latest releases. 

2018 Netflix Original Movies

1. I Am Not An Easy Man

Image Credit: Netflix

Directed by: Eleonore Pourriat Starring: Vincent Elbaz, Marie-Sophie Ferdane, Pierre Benezit, Blanche Gardin, Celine Menville

Damien, a typical macho-man type, who is perfectly comfortable in the patriarchal ways of society, hits his head and wakes up in a scenario where matriarchy rules. He’s used to being a womanizer, and will now have to learn some new rules. This French comedy is not only funny and entertaining – it also offers some food for thought about gender roles.

Click here to watch the trailer.

2. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

Image Credit: Netflix

Directed by: Susan Johnson Starring: Lana Condor, Janel Parrish, Noah Centineo, Anna Cathcart, Israel Broussard, John Corbett

The teen romance presents a weird situation. Lara Jean writes love letters to boys she feels intense passion for, but never sends them – they are just a coping mechanism. One day, those letters are sent without her consent, leading to awkward situations. The movie is funny and lighthearted.

Click here to watch the trailer.

3. Like Father

Image Credit: Netflix

Directed by: Lauren Miller Starring: Kristen Bell, Kelsey Grammer, Seth Rogen

What should you do when you get left at the altar and the honeymoon cruise is already paid for? The answer: take your estranged father. At least that’s the answer for Rachel (under the influence of alcohol). What seems to be a planned trip for trouble turns out to be a humbling reconnection between father and daughter. 

P.S.: Make sure to check out Kristen Bell in The Good Place (also available on Netflix).

Click here to watch the trailer. 

4.) Sierra Burgess is a Loser

Image Credit: Netflix

Directed by: Ian Samuels Starring: Shannon Purser, Kristine Froseth, RJ Cyler

Sierra Burgess receives a text message clearly meant for someone else – someone who she believes to be more popular and prettier than herself. But, as the on-line conversation flows, she realizes the likes the jock she’s been texting, and the feeling is mutual. Afraid of what he might think of her appearance, she asks the meanest girl in high school for a favor, and the unexpected duo get along surprisingly well.

Click here to watch the trailer. 

Now go ahead and make some popcorn for your movie marathon!

Paola Sirotsky

Casper Libero '21

22 year-old studying radio, tv and internet communication at Cásper Líbero college. Talks and laughs way too loud. Addicted to funny socks and animal videos.
Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows.