kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

4 Gym Franchises in São Paulo and Everything You Need to Know About Each One

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

According to the Brazilian Gym Association (ACAD) there are more than 33 thousand gyms in Brazil and almost 8 million users. That makes the country the second biggest growing market of gyms corresponding to the number of establishments, and São Paulo is one of the cities where gyms are most demanded. 

The big variety of gyms and gym franchises makes it very difficult to choose one, so if you are thinking of starting going to them gym, here is everything you need to know about four popular gym franchises in São Paulo.

#1 Smart Fit

Image Source: Smart Fit’s Facebook Page

Founded in 2009, Smart Fit is the largest network of gyms in Latin America, it has about 1 million users. It’s goal when founded was to facilitate access to high quality physical activity with affordable prices. It also facilitates adhesion, by having on-line services and even self service.

At Smart Fit there are many spaces designed for different types of exercise, for example, there is a space with equipments where you can exercise alone or with a personal trainer, there is SmartBox a space dedicated to functional training, and there are also classes, such as, abdominal, zumba, Sh’bam, stretching and FitDance.

The registration is easy and can be done at the website, there it also shows the nearest unit, the price and the plans available. Smart Fit has two plans available for payment, Smart and Black, prices can go from R$ 59,90 to R$ 89,90 monthly.

#2 Bluefit

Image Source: Blue Fit’s Facebook Page

Bluefit is a gym that has as its goal offering a premium service with affordable prices, it has 30 units and 26 of them work 24h, the ones who are not 24h have extended hours to attend its users. It is also open at weekends and most holidays, they work 363 days a year.

There are many classes available, including dance and fight classes, such as: zumba, jump, functional, pilates, jiu-jitsu, muay thai, and others. During the year they renovate and add other classes, according to the season and the disponibility of the teachers.

The registration at Bluefit can also be done on-line and there you can choose the best payment plan, prices can go from R$ 79,90 to R$ 89,90 monthly.

#3 BodyTech

Image Source: Body Tech’s Facebook Page

At BodyTech, the main concept is to promote wellness, physical health, mental and spiritual. They praise quality of life, and because of that they offer programs, which all are already included in the payment. Those programs help the user to personalize their train with the help of an instructor. There are also programs available for pregnant women, seniors and people with chronic diseases.

They have spaces for different types of exercises, such as yoga and even pool exercises. In their units, they have partnerships that offer healthy meals, massages and beauty salons.

The payment plan can be done either, annually, quarterly or monthly, and the monthly plan is R$ 455,10.

#4 Bio Ritmo

Image Souce: Bio Ritmo’s Facebook Page

Founded in 1996, Bio Ritmo was designed to be a more sophisticated gym compared to the ones that existed back then. They have three training programs, one of them is focused on weight loss, the other one is focused on gaining muscle mass and the last one is called face 2 face, which is a program with 30 minutes trains, three times a week, it promises results in 45 days.

They have a big variety of classes, including box, jiu jitsu, yoga, pilates, stretching and sh’bam. There are also classes available for pregnant women and children, they even have a space for pool exercises.

The registration and the price information are available only at the units.

Carolina is a national contributing writer and was formerly a summer and fall 2021 editorial intern at Her Campus. She's a Brazilian journalist and writer, and she's very passionate about TikTok, coffee shops, and Taylor Swift.