16 Disney Channel Originals From the 2000s That We Still Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you were a child in the 2000’s, it is very likely that you watched (and loved) most of these movies and TV shows produced by Disney Channel. Are you ready for a trip along memory lane? 

1. The Princess Diaries

Let those who never dreamed of belonging to royalty be the first to throw a stone! For Mia Thermopolis Renaldi, the news that she was a princess came when she was already a teenager. Along with her crown, there was lots of confusion as well as a prince charming! It´s impossible not to want to be like Mia, even just for one day! 

2. Lizzie McGuire

The TV show starred by Hilary Duff had a touch of animation and had a version for the cinema. The last episode was in 2004! Are you feeling old?

3. That’s So Raven

Raven-Symone stars in this Disney Channel classic. With the power of knowing the future, the cast made us all laugh at their attempts to change the results of life. And rejoice: rumor has it that the TV show is getting a spin off and the main character is going to be part of the cast!

4. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Who never dreamed of living in a hotel like Tipton after watching an episode about these two twin boys? The series was so successful that it even got a new version: “The Suite Life on Deck”!

5. Hannah Montana

Who doesn’t remember and miss the girl with two different lives and a thousand stories to entertain us? Her character was an important presence for kids from that decade and now Miley Cyrus represents an important figure of female empowerment!

6. Wizards of Waverly Place

With an unforgettable theme song, the magic of the Russo brothers was for sure one of the best parts of our afternoons watching “Zapping Zone”!

7. High School Musical

I bet that when you read the name of the franchise, lots of songs passed through your mind, huh? Those movies were a huge success on Disney Channel and the Wildcats will always be remembered for their catchy tunes.

8. Camp Rock

We have no doubt Shane Gray and Mitchie Torres are one of our favorite couples. Their summer love and the songs made us all want to pack and go to Camp Rock right away!

9. Sonny With a Chance

For sure one of the TV shows that made us laugh the most! The star of the fictional series “So Random”, Sonny Monroe, played  by Demi Lovato, is one of the greatest symbols against bullying and the author of the motto “Stay Strong”.

10. Jonas

Jonas was starred by the gorgeous Jonas Brothers Band (Nick, Joe and Kevin) and also their younger brother, Frankie. On season two, the family moves to Los Angeles and the TV show gains a new name: “Jonas L.A.”.

11. Princess Protection Program 

Starred by two of the most famous and most loved actresses on Disney Channel, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, the movie tells the story of a secret agent and her daughter hosting a princess who has to assume a new identity after her country suffered a military attack.

12. StarStruck

The musical that makes us sing along to successes such as the original song “Hero”, tells the unlikely love story between Jessica Olsen and the star Christopher Wilde. Can you believe “StarStruck” is already seven years old?

13. Life With Derek

This Canadian TV show is one of the oldest on this list: the first episode was released in 2005! The rivalry between the siblings Derek and Casey made such a huge success that its cinema version was made in 2011, two years after the last episode!

14. Mortified 

It was almost impossible not to laugh and identify ourselves with Taylor Fry´s life! This 11 year old girl showed us that, despite feeling misplaced, one can always see the best of life when gifted with an unlimited imagination! 

15. Parent Trap

This is definitely one of the pubic´s favorite! The most loved twins of all times, Hallie Parker and Annie James (both played by Lindsay Lohan), were an important part of the childhood of every Disney Channel lover! Admit it: you can watch the movie a million times and it’s still gonna be awesome!

16. The Cheetah Girls

Remember the story of these four girlfriends who hoped to become famous singers? The Cheetah Girls taught us the value of true friendship and inspired us with their dreams in each one of the movies! 

Feeling nostalgic? What are you waiting for to grab some popcorn and start watching the ones you loved the most?!

Helena Turkie Rinaldi was born in February 26th, 1999 in São Paulo, Brazil. She studies journalism in Cásper Líbero University since 2017 and her dream is to work for an important journal. Her hobbies include listening to music, watching TV shows and, above all, reading.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.