15 Situations Everyone Faces This Time of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

You got someone you don’t really like for Secret Santa

Or someone you actually like

Then, you pretended you enjoyed the present you got

In one or two end of the year gathering parties you decided to drink more than one glass. Otherwise, you don’t know how you would have survived

And you eventually did a monologue on how this year was hard on everyone, especially you

Everywhere you go there are Christmas lights and holiday songs. Even Forever 21. 

You took about five days to prepare for your family Christmas Party. Mentally and emotionally.

You get very attached to family and friends

Your family decides to discuss politics in the middle of dinner or lunch. And you disagree with their opinion, but they never take your arguments into consideration

You spend a lot of the time in your cellphone during family meetings

You have to work during one of the holidays

You put your best outfit for the holiday parties and didn’t regret, because if you are suppose to be there, at least you will look fabulous

When family members question your life choices

And then ask why you are still single

People keep talking and you just want to start eating 

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.