Wide view of two concert stages while the sun sets and the crowd enjoys the live music
Photo by Marcela Teofilo

Lollapalooza: 5 Bands That You Should Know For the Festival

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Lollapalooza is one of the biggest festivals in Brazil and its 10th edition will take place on March 24, 25 and 26, at “Autódromo de Interlagos“, in São Paulo

One of the best parts of the festival is being able to meet different bands, groups and singers that you have never heard of! Thinking about it, we brought you five bands that you need to know to enjoy the shows during Lolla 23

Tame impala

You’ve probably heard some Tame Impala songs and don’t even know! They are an Australian indie-pop band, from Perth. It’s a project idealized by Kevin Parker, who writes and records almost all the songs by himself.

Their music is an influence of many styles of rock, mainly ‘60s and ‘70s psychedelic rock and they describe themselves as “a steady flowing psychedelic groove rock band that emphasizes dream-like melody.”

Innerspeaker was their debut album, released in 2010, had a really good critical acclaim and the most famous music is “Desire Be Desire Go”. They launched Currents five years later, and is the most famous  record of the band. This album has the amazing song “The Less I Know The Better”, that for sure you’ve already heard.

Their fourth – and most recent – studio project was released in 2020 and it’s called The Slow Rush. It was really acclaimed by the critics and the public.

They will perform on Saturday, March 25th and are one of the headliners of the day! It’s definitely a show that is worth watching. 

wallows

From Southern California, Wallows is an indie rock band. The members are: Braeden Lemasters on the guitar and vocals, Cole Preston playing the drums, and Dylan Minnette (yes, Dylan the actor!) on guitar and vocals.

Their first single “Pleaser”, was released in 2017, and was well received. On February 1st, 2019, they launched the success “Are You Bored Yet?”, which is part of the debut album Nothing Happens, released in March of the same year. This album record has other hits, such as “Scrawny” and “Sidelines”. Tell Me That It’s Over it’s their latest release, which came out on March 25, 2022.

Wallows will perform on Saturday, March 25th too. The show will be on the same stage as the bands The 1975 and Twenty One Pilots.

gilsons

Gilsons is a Brazilian MPB trio formed in 2018 by Gilberto Gil’s son and grandchildren, João, José and Francisco Gil. The band’s debut EP is called “Várias Queixas” and it was a huge success in 2019, along with “Love Love”.

Since then, the group has been making a lot of songs with other famous Brazilian singers and released the album Pra Gente Acordar in 2022. In the same year, they performed at Rock in Rio and attracted many new fans.

Gilsons will perform on Saturday, March 25th in the afternoon, on the same stage as Tame Impala.

Cigarettes After Sex

Cigarettes After Sex is an American indie-pop band formed in 2008 by Greg Gonzales in Texas. Their first EP, I., came out in 2012, with four songs. “Nothing’s Gonna Hurt You Baby” went viral three years after and marked the beginning of the group success.

The band released their first album in 2017, entiteled Cigarettes After Sex with famous songs such as “Apocalypse” and “K.” which went viral on TikTok recently. Two years later, they launched the second studio record album, “Cry”. The last song released by them came out last November and it was nominated “Pistol”.

They will perform on Sunday, March 26th and is one of the main indie-pop attractions of the day.

o grilo

From São Paulo, O Grilo is a Brazilian rock band originally formed in 2016 by five men, but in 2019 they made some changes in the members´. The group’s debut album is called Herói do Futuro and was released in 2017. 

After two years without shows and records, they performed at Lollapalooza in 2019, when the group became a success in Brazil. Later in 2021, they released their second disco – the first after the reform –  Você Não Sabe de Nada, which in a short time reached millions of streams. 

They made two more singles in 2022 and are one of the most-awaited national bands of Lolla 23! O Grilo will perform on Sunday, March 26th on the same stage as Cigarettes After Sex and other famous singers.

————————————–

The article above was edited by Lorena Lindenberg.

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Gabriela Romar

Casper Libero '25

Journalism student obsessed with fashion and beauty & art lover